• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WFTO Development Diary #6 - Good Things Come in Small Packages

Simburgur

Managing Director
Brightrock Games
Nov 10, 2011
Brighton, UK
www.twitter.com
Hey folks.

I have some slightly bad news: We've hit a little bit of a roadblock and it's looking very unlikely that we will have the demo in a state that we're happy with this week. Sorry :(

"When will it be ready?" I hear you ask! Well, I can't say for sure, but sometime in the next two weeks is looking likely. Please don't hold us to that, though, as it's just an estimate right now - and I will let you know as soon as we're nearer it being finished.

This (us missing an important date we had announced) was going to happen eventually, and it's why you rarely see dates given for things like this - stuff comes up, sometimes it takes a lot longer than expected (or sometimes the opposite). If we give a date and finish it sooner, we don't want to have to wait to release it, and if we give a date and miss it, we don't want to disappoint you guys.

In a futile attempt to quell your anger at this outrageous delay, we'll be a few cool things on Friday and I'll be doing be doing a Q&A to answer any burning questions you may have.

*runs and hides*

Jun 28, 2012
That is a disapointment but Im not gonna go on a tantrum or any shit like that. I just know that with the extra time your taking, the demo will be even better than it wouldve been if it was released this Friday.

Blizzard

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 3, 2011
Behind you
Dont' worry Sim I'm not angry.
A little disappointed but I've waited 6 years for a new DK game I'm sure I can wait alittle longer for a tech demo :p
And the Q&A sounds good. Can we ask anything?
That is a disapointment but Im not gonna go on a tantrum or any shit like that. I just know that with the extra time your taking, the demo will be even better than it wouldve been if it was released this Friday.
Damm it your going to make me look bad now lol
aww it doesn't matter ....just remember to lock your doors
but seriously take your time no pressure

Co0kieL0rd

Cultist
WFTO Backer
Jan 29, 2012
These two guys look awesome! Although, in this position, the blood imp's head looks somewhat oversized. Besides, don't you think its name in combination with its function could cause any trouble with Electronic Arts rights? I mean, it's got IMP in its name and it does basically the same things as the imp in Dungeon Keeper.
The dwarf's clothes and boots remind me of modern outdoor fashion. But that's okay^^

Anyway, it's great news as always and I can't wait for the tech demo!

iggii

Bafu
WFTO Backer
Apr 15, 2012
Czech Republic
Hey folks.

I have some slightly bad news: We've hit a little bit of a roadblock and it's looking very unlikely that we will have the demo in a state that we're happy with this week. Sorry :(

"When will it be ready?" I hear you ask! Well, I can't say for sure, but sometime in the next two weeks is looking likely. Please don't hold us to that, though, as it's just an estimate right now - and I will let you know as soon as we're nearer it being finished.

This (us missing an important date we had announced) was going to happen eventually, and it's why you rarely see dates given for things like this - stuff comes up, sometimes it takes a lot longer than expected (or sometimes the opposite). If we give a date and finish it sooner, we don't want to have to wait to release it, and if we give a date and miss it, we don't want to disappoint you guys.

In a futile attempt to quell your anger at this outrageous delay, we'll be a few cool things on Friday and I'll be doing be doing a Q&A to answer any burning questions you may have.

*runs and hides*
I believe that I speak for everyone now, when I say that : We are happy when you tell us some date that we can look forward to - much better than dont know any timeframe at all. The best part is when you can look forward to something - if it is 2 or 3 more weeks -so be it.

Fingers crossed guys - you can defeat that obstacle in development.

Fingers crossed guys - you can defeat that obstacle in development.
All hands are on deck, so to speak. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to never disappointing you again (don't hold me to that, in fact, pretend I never said it [but you can also pretend I did say it]).

We are happy when you tell us some date that we can look forward to
Thanks for this! We'll give you some more exciting dates in the near future (these dates are supermegawickedawesome exciting and will probably make everyone forget about this isolated event).

Cheers! Thanks as always for supporting us.

-James

Alistair

Captain Graze Box
WFTO Founder
Dec 11, 2011
UK
These two guys look awesome! Although, in this position, the blood imp's head looks somewhat oversized. Besides, don't you think its name in combination with its function could cause any trouble with Electronic Arts rights? I mean, it's got IMP in its name and it does basically the same things as the imp in Dungeon Keeper.
The dwarf's clothes and boots remind me of modern outdoor fashion. But that's okay^^

Anyway, it's great news as always and I can't wait for the tech demo!
When we do anything we always look at if we are going raise any copyright/Trademark/IP issues. We always have discussions around this very subject, you can't own gameplay nor generic names such as Imp, Druid, Goblin, Knight ect.

amcoops

Priestess
WFTO Founder
Dec 9, 2011
North Devon, England
As Macauley has said, we've all been waiting a long time for a new DK-like game, a few weeks isn't going to kill us. I would rather you spent more time and on it than keeping to a deadline and rushing things.

I have quite a backlog of games to play at the moment anyway, so it's probably a good thing that this has happened. :D

Medjay

Shadow
WFTO Backer
Aug 23, 2012
Canterbury
Yeah, I have no problem with the demo being released a little later. That said, if I get squished by a bus before getting the chance to try out the demo now...well...I will definitely be haunting you this Halloween! :eek:

Hope all goes to plan with the tech demo, I look forward to it very much.
Thanks for the updates:)

Nov 9, 2011
Denmark
Hey folks.

*runs and hides*
You promised me Simburgur, you promised me! How could you do this to me?

Top Bottom