• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WFTO Development Diary #8 - The Tech Demo

Jul 13, 2012
For the lag and issues with the workers pathfinding and doing tasks, these problems have been resolved in the current build. We are working hard to get the asset situation taken care of, as well as ensuring that Dungeoneer is properly hooked into the game. Once we are confident it is in a working state (absolutely none of the issues in the proof of concept), we will replace the current tech demo with this one. But unfortunately there is no specific ETA. As soon as it's working and tested, Josh will get it out to everyone.

iggii

Bafu
WFTO Backer
Apr 15, 2012
Czech Republic
I havent played the demo yet, but Im very eager to...video on youtube looks pretty cool and nice for alpha build, WELL DONE GUYS !!! fingers crossed for further development builds...

Is there a possibility that we would be able to KICK the starter till end of this week?

And I have noticed the picture Wonderboy2402 has in his signature - imp with some foliage on background... THATS IT, that was missing in all DKs - it would be superb if some leafy plants (not only moss) could make it to the final build pls. I can imagine them interacting with a light breeze thats flowing through your dungeon corridors... HMMM....

MarkN

Templar
Dec 4, 2011
Huonville, Tasmania
Guys this is a Tech Demo (Pre Alpha), please stop posting about the FPS and AI pathing that was covered in the OP.
To the WFTO guys, great job on the look and feel as well as the ambient music, its feeling like DK and i understand this is months old and you are probably further ahead on some of the core mechanics by now.
Keep up on the good work and I look forward to Pledging in KickStarter.

A few random ideas on:

Pledge levels.
A cheaper pledge for the game for the first 50-100 pledges.
A mention (Thanks) in the close credits.
A mention in the opening credits for larger pledges.
WFTO T-Shirt
Digital Scan of your face and added to a statue in game or similar ( decorations for the Vault room perhaps?)
A Digital pledge level with High Res Wallpapers and Music score
A limited Edition of a 3D Printed "Keeper"
A Digital "Making of WFTO"

Stretch Goals

Longer Storyline for single player
Professional Voice actor to nail the dark humour of the game.

Mod tool to create levels that the community submit for future patches.
Mod Tool to create our own cunning traps that the community submit for future patches.
(May or may not be a developed community tool due to nobody in particular mentioning nothing specific at all.....) Thx Vae :)

Jul 13, 2012
Well.... don't need a stretch goal for the two mod tool ideas. We may or may not already have that built into Dungeoneer which may or may not be available for the community (once its in a solid working state) in the near future. Maybe. (Is this vague enough that I can't get in trouble?) :)

Apr 16, 2012
Here's my point of view:
And for today and for the need of a bad pun i will call that demo a girl so i can say :
Keep'her like that (badum tss)
For that quote you deserve a medal.

Also j'adore the tech demo, make the imps bigger and I employ my full faith in this project :D

iggii

Bafu
WFTO Backer
Apr 15, 2012
Czech Republic
I have played the demo last night and I was left speechless as:

a) it was already mentioned but its needed to be said again and loud - you let us (community) taste the game even if its not near ready - I havent seen that approach from any other developper company. You are keeping what you promised and you are NUMBER 1 !

b) i felt that DK feel - that right one (unlike when playing Dungeons - that was bad one feeling :D ) - now Im ready to Kickstart you with more money!

c) keep that guy who made the ambient to that demo at any cost! And keep the spirit of that ambient music!

Huntress
WFTO Founder
Apr 20, 2012
Worthing, West Sussex
I think the Tech demo is going to be invaluble when it goes to Kickstarter, because it will actually give people the opportunity to see how the game plays, and actually be something tangible rather than just screenshots.

RyanAvx

Disciple
Nov 6, 2012
I just played it. A creepy little grin crept onto my face :) I've never really intended to support projects through kickstarter or indiegogo and the like, but for you guys I may just make an exception :3

Nov 8, 2012
Im a avid fan of this project and can't wait to see what you will do next.

Why i loved messing around with the demo i do kinda wish i could of messed around
with it on my ma .... oh well ... no matter

Keep up the great work and i will defiantly buy this game as soon as its released

Xadrow

Disciple
Oct 26, 2012
Belgium
Finally got to try it out: EPIC is an understatement. Love the ambiance music, and actually i don't really mind the size of the imps. As said before, the heart is a little awkward, but no biggy. Ground tiles are nice, walls all the same, though the red beacon is a little airport like. I wont repeat all the problems with imps walking and tracking badly because frankly I don't really mind :p Cant wait for the game to come out :D

Alistair

Captain Graze Box
WFTO Founder
Dec 11, 2011
UK
We have had allot of new members over the last two weeks, I'd like to remind everybody that every Friday 10pm GMT we post our latest update. Tomorrow is going be a important one for the project.

You can all ways keep up with the news via Facebook and Twitter.

RyanAvx

Disciple
Nov 6, 2012
Wonderful news Alistair! I beleive I shall mark this momentous occasion by playing Dungeon Keeper until 10pm, then gander at the new update >:3

Blizzard

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 3, 2011
Behind you
We have had allot of new members over the last two weeks, I'd like to remind everybody that every Friday 10pm GMT we post our latest update. Tomorrow is going be a important one for the project.

You can all ways keep up with the news via Facebook and Twitter.
Y|ou do know you have just open the pandora box by saying its going to be important
now fans will run rampant on the steets until they have theyre update :p

Dumber

Dwarven Worker
WFTO Backer
Nov 15, 2012
Stockholms Lan, Sweden
Huge fan of the project! :), could sadly not even play the DEMO, The srceen would not stop from heading towards a corner(out of srceen) for some reason, still nice to see the project is moving ahead :)

Jul 13, 2012
Plans to update the tech demo are in effect. We've been a bit preoccupied with......another milestone...... and now that it looks like that milestone is well underway, we can get the problems resolved in the current demo. Still no specific ETA, but will keep everyone posted over the next month. Perhaps it will be an early Christmas present?

Top Bottom