• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WFTO... Thursday

OpenWaterSwim

Templar
WFTO Founder
Happy WFTO Wednesday Thursday #9

Josh, thanks for the update! The Augre looks good. I believe in the last live video cast there was mention that an additional reason that he is now missing tail was due to it causing wall clipping. Seems like an equally good reason to lop it off. He looks good without it, IMHO.

Both portals look good, but I really like the design for the Hero portal. It definitely emits an aura of heroicness.

Lastly, thanks for letting us know that if we don't have an email from you that we are good to go. I admit I always wonder after I hit the submit button if the bits and bytes will reach their intended target despite working in the IT and Telecommunications industry for the past 20 years. Keep up the great work!

Tommonius

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 15, 2012
Wolverhampton
Those portals look stunning, you designers should give yourselves a pat on the back for it, seriously well done!! I like the Augre better now, quick question what was with the severed pig spoiler from last week or am I stupid and that was a joke??

Enjou

Ember Demon
WFTO Backer
Jan 10, 2012
The new Augre looks good for the most part, but the look he's giving in the concept art is a bit strange IMO. Still, I imagine he wouldn't be giving the evil eye to everyone all the time when you have a 3d model for him.

The hero gateway is awesome. It fits the goodly Empire perfectly. Really regal looking. I can't make any serious suggestions on that one.

The evil gateway... well, I'm not certain. It's awesome and evil looking, but something nags at me. If I had to put it in words, I'd say it's too hellish, too demon specific. I can see demonic creatures and eldritch abominations coming through it, but I have a hard time imagining the more mundane fantasy fare such as Gnarlings, Cultists, and Augres coming through it. I remember a previous staircase concept that I rather liked, but that might not fit every kind of unit either. Perhaps make something with more of a dark energy theme than a hellfire theme, or perhaps make a separate portal type for regular units and use this one for demonic ones.

Top Bottom