• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WFTO: Translations

Baracca

Templar
WFTO Founder
Jan 3, 2013
Finland
lamaohi.deviantart.com
Wellp, saw that you chaps are looking for translation help once more and the link in the latest news article regarding the shipping of physical Kickstarter goodies lead me here.

Sooo. Now that I am almost done with my current line of education and have only my thesis to finish before graduating, I will soon find myself with pleeenty of time to spare between sending job applications and what have you, eating and sleeping.

Which means that I would be extremely thrilled to help and I am thus offering translation help with translating the subtitles from English to Finnish. Would also be happy to translate tooltips and other such stuff. Of course, Finnish as a language is only used up here in the north so I do understand if there is no desire from the dev team to include Finnish translations to the game.
If, however, you lot are interested then I would be thrilled to help.

Filling in the original form from the first page of this thread as well because why not.

Nickname: Baracca
Language experience: English, Finnish (Native language). Been actively using the english language since the start of 3rd grade. What was I back then, 9 years old? Current status of affairs is that I am writing a trilogy of fantasy books in English and doing (rarely) some English to Finnish and Finnish to English translation on my spare time for smaller businesses and what not.
Translation: English - Finnish.

Baracca

Templar
WFTO Founder
Jan 3, 2013
Finland
lamaohi.deviantart.com
Going to breifly derail the overall topic here... What *sort* of fantasy? :)
Hehe, by all means. ;) As to the sort of fantasy, I suppose it could be described as dark high-fantasy. Main character is an anti-hero (Warlord in charge of an island nation) bent on world domination due to mostly personal reasons. So the trilogy of books I have in making will detail medieval era-esque warfare with plenty of magical elements, adult themes, so on and so forth. Mostly aimed towards people who find it enjoyable to be "on the side of the villain" and see things from the villains perspective. Well. Villain and "villain". Sometimes they have pretty valid reasons and logic behind their thinking. No one is evil for the sake of being evil, after all.

Baracca

Templar
WFTO Founder
Jan 3, 2013
Finland
lamaohi.deviantart.com
Have you never played the game / series Overlord?

[PS: Sounds like a good series. Can't wait :)]
Oh yes. Overlord & Overlord: Raising Hell, Overlord 2, Overlord: Minions, Overlord: Dark Legend. Oh and Overlord: Fellowship of Evil which was a total disaster. So yes, bit of a fan of the series and am also writing a fanfiction of sorts regarding the events of Raising Hell as well. Might post a link in the future to where one can find my writings, but for now I think that is enough derailing for this topic :D

Dec 29, 2013
Belarus
It is not easy to rewind large CSV-file and the lines in it. Perhaps it would be more convenient to edit multiple smaller files, each for its own language (this offer to developers for discussion).

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2013
Belarus
I'm create git repository for translate. And I found that current CSV-file format badly applied for patching.

To developers: Please devide languages on different lines, and ideally in different files.If you are using any control version system (eg git), it is much easier to work.

Daimos

Dwarven Worker
Jun 2, 2016
Like multiple lang-files idea, rdy to work with community russian lang.
Lang exp: native Russ, love Eng books =D

Vhialyn

Blood Imp
Jun 12, 2016
Hi Everyone, the German translation is very well, but here and there, are some mistakes.

I would like to rework parts of the translation. How can i did that?

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
Hi Everyone, the German translation is very well, but here and there, are some mistakes.

I would like to rework parts of the translation. How can i did that?
we are continuing to sort out bugs from the game currently and will inform people here when the community translation happens.

BlackBeard

Firebreather
Mar 21, 2015
Italy
a question, I can continue with the translation I was doing?

or for some reason it is best not to continue? (I would not make an empty job)

Jun 17, 2016
i am italian, i can try to translate if needed.
Nickname: Alexandra
Language experience: amatorial translation eng-ita of some games.
Translation: English - italian

BlackBeard,if you need a hand in the translation please let me know.

BlackBeard

Firebreather
Mar 21, 2015
Italy
wow, grazie mille Alexandra, un aiuto non si rifiuta mai :p

attualmente ho tradotto circa 1500 line di testo(su 7500 T_T), ma solo 900 linee sono tradotte correttamente(fatto due o tre revisioni per controllare eventuali errori..

adesso ho messo la traduzione in standby perchè gli sviluppatori vogliono aprire ufficialmente la traduzione alla comunità, quindi aspetto loro istruzioni prima di continuare(per non rischiare di fare un lavoro a vuoto).

appena mi danno l'ok continuo con la traduzione.. quindi facciamo così aggiungimi su steam e appena so qualcosa mi faccio sentire :)

Grazie mille per la tua disponibilità :)

P.S. puoi trovare il mio profilo di steam cliccando sul mio nome(qui sul forum)

Top Bottom