• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WFTO Wednesday #1

toffeejay

Crackpot
WFTO Founder
Dec 25, 2011
How does the Greenlight work because I can't find it explained on their site.

Does it need to reach 1 to get accepted?

Eek

Dryad
WFTO Founder
Oct 22, 2012
Canterbury, Kent
www.leeketh.com
Greenlight is basically the same as a ton of people messaging them saying "please add this game" - they might see one they like, and add it, but ignore most of the spam.

The only difference is, this way it's not a ton of messages, so they can ignore it even easier if they want to - there's not actually any structure or method to it. :)

G

Greensage

Hi, what about "community-based localization efforts" ? How does it work ? Will be there French ?

How does the Greenlight work because I can't find it explained on their site.

Does it need to reach 1 to get accepted?
Well, once a period of time Valve chooses one game from top100 or something like that to launch it on Steam. Yes, as said, the game shouldn't be top 1.

Hi, what about "community-based localization efforts" ? How does it work ? Will be there French ?
We can currently confirm French and German text localizations, we will be adding support as we progress through the campaign and in the months following (up to the Bedrock Beta). We will have a poll for localization support later down the line and will do our best to get it done professionally so that as many people as possible can enjoy the same polished experience in their native language.

ANewRoom

Gargoyle
WFTO Founder
Wouldn't that be disadvantageous for the sale of the game? o_O
Yes and no, since digital distribution is sort of the way the industry is heading in.

For exmaple last year the biggest game retailer in the UK (Called: Game) nearly went bankrupt. Of course the year before they were demanding that publishers remove upcoming games from the Steam Store till they have been out for a month so as to give retailers a chance to sell more copies.

As far as WftO, I would guess that the only boxed copies are going to be sold on the site.

Blizzard

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 3, 2011
Behind you
I hate not having enough money to donate to get the founder club
If I can't get founder club no one will
*starts making a deathmachine *

Nov 9, 2011
Denmark
Was wondering how long it is going to take for you lads to go through the pile of Forum names associated with the backers who gave more than 115£ ?
We are working on a largely automated system, but we need all the payments to kickstarter to clear before we can go live, and our system needs to be ready aswell.

Jan 7, 2012
We are working on a largely automated system, but we need all the payments to kickstarter to clear before we can go live, and our system needs to be ready aswell.
So.. are our Kickstarter Names used for that?
Or could we set that separately?

Baracca

Templar
WFTO Founder
Jan 3, 2013
Finland
lamaohi.deviantart.com
What I meant was that some of the forum users already have a neat little "Backer" banner where they usually would have a Bloodling, Blood Imp or some other such thing describing their poster status. So, if a person who donated enough to get access to the founders club, has placed a message to your kickstarter page where he or she has detailed which forum name belongs to him or her, he or she should be able to get the backer status and access to the forums in due time?

Nov 9, 2011
Denmark
So.. are our Kickstarter Names used for that?
Or could we set that separately?
The integration is entirely internal, so it would be tied to your current forum account

What I meant was that some of the forum users already have a neat little "Backer" banner where they usually would have a Bloodling, Blood Imp or some other such thing describing their poster status. So, if a person who donated enough to get access to the founders club, has placed a message to your kickstarter page where he or she has detailed which forum name belongs to him or her, he or she should be able to get the backer status and access to the forums in due time?
Those that pledged through Paypal are already integrated and why you see some have a Backer title, Founders can ask to get their title a bit earlier by messaging us on Kickstarter, yes.

Basically the problem is, Paypal is already integrated into Xenforo (the forum software), and so it was relatively easy for us to get started on that. Kickstarter however is not, and so we have to make our own system and that will take some time. Add to this, not all Kickstarter money have been collected yet, so we are still waiting on the final data.

toffeejay

Crackpot
WFTO Founder
Dec 25, 2011
Regarding two of what I presume will be the more popular flex goals - Extended campaign and Empire campaign. Would Richard be doing voice work for these if they were chosen?

Top Bottom