• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WFTO Wednesday #100: You've Discovered a Magical Artefact

Oct 17, 2013
In less than three months, we will discover the hidden secrets of these artifacts!

Btw, are there any more beta updates coming our way?

Triscopic

Crackpot
WFTO Backer
Dec 11, 2012
United Kingdom (Great Britain)
Looks like extra mana, annoying toddler*, dire monkey, dire pig.

* The annoying toddler follows your hand of evil and asks "why?" Every time you pick something up, hence being represented by the question mark.

Triscopic

Crackpot
WFTO Backer
Dec 11, 2012
United Kingdom (Great Britain)
Any clues on the mechanics? I.e. Will these artefacts be consumed on use or will they need to be stored somewhere where they could be captured by an opponent? (Even storing them in the heart could allow an opponent to use them after defeating the player against a third party)

Simburgur

Managing Director
Brightrock Games
Nov 10, 2011
Brighton, UK
www.twitter.com
  • (Most) Artefacts spawn as unidentified
  • Player must claim the tile the Artefact is on to acquire it
  • Workers will then transport Artefacts to players Archive
  • Research units then identify in Artefact
  • Once identified, Artefact can be used (one-use, consumable)

Tommonius

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 15, 2012
Wolverhampton
it looks like a word is missing in this sentence unless I am reading it wrong

"such as giving your minions experience, long forgotten, or perhaps showering your vault with a pile of gold and jeweled baubles…"

Long forgotten what I wonder? Perhaps sealed minions? or secret campaign spells?

Dec 3, 2014
it looks like a word is missing in this sentence unless I am reading it wrong

"such as giving your minions experience, long forgotten, or perhaps showering your vault with a pile of gold and jeweled baubles…"

Long forgotten what I wonder? Perhaps sealed minions? or secret campaign spells?
I think you should be reading it as if the comma wasn't between "experience" and "long."

Nov 13, 2013
This is very nice, looks like the DK secrets are appearing in WFTO, with the addition of creatures (usually) having to research them in order to find out what they do. Question, how will players order minions to research artefacts? since I'm pretty sure that a creature researching them won't be contributing to sin production, so it should be a player choice.

My guesses on the artefacts shown: blue one give a temporary mana regen boost/ mana cooldown reduction, orange one is a artefact whose purpose is hidden, red one.... really no idea, but it's face is creeping me out :p, pink one will do something pig-related, but I'm really unsure what exactly.

*crosses fingers for the pink artefact to summon a player controlled pigzilla*

mishko

Matriarch
WFTO Founder
Feb 27, 2012
Michigan
How will they be activated? Will they appear in your spells tab after identification like in DK2? Or will they automatically activate?

Valtiel

Priestess
Aug 28, 2014
Hmm. I'm reserving judgement. The dungeon specials in the Dungeon Keeper games never seemed terribly interesting to me. There wasn't much tactical dimension to them at all, except Transfer Creature. I don't suppose you're taking suggestions for Artefacts?

Top Bottom