• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WFTO Wednesday #104: inb4 2015

Jan 3, 2013
I have a question regarding AI.

It seems that AI, the one that can be activated via console is far weaker than AI loaded by the game itself in skirmish. Are they truly the same or those are two different versions of AI?

Also I believe AI should have it's build order altered again - it shouldn't build some rooms too early, like tavern, and should focus on rooms that attract new types of creatures, like crypt, alchemy lab, foundry, garrison and so on.

Oh, and Happy New Year. I expect some nice and much anticipated things happen very soon.

Edit : 4 test games and ''my'' AI substitute won them all. I'm slightly confused tbh.

Last edited:

v0id

Programmer
Brightrock Games
Nov 18, 2011
Germany
Hey Slichizard,
there are many things that can be improved regarding the AI's behaviour and build order but we are only a few coders and we need to focus on other features as well and we are still happy with what the AI does so far and plan to put more work on this feature in long term future.

For your question:
Both AI's should be the same no matter how they are activated, but an AI which is activated later when some game time was gone (especially after you already built things) might have it harder to get into the game than an AI loaded from the beginning.
If there would be a real difference then it could be a bug rather than something intented.

Jan 1, 2015
Hey guys!

First of all a happy new year to all of you! I want to congratulate you on the game so far, it looks really awesome and feels like back in the old days with super polished graphics :p.
I do have a question about something i would like to know/see in the finished game if possible :p

Q: Will you be able to attack as the possed minions when the game is ready? like in dk 1 ?

And as last i wanted to let you know about a bug that happens when i'm playing.

The beast tamer sinks through the floor and so he moves around but half through the floor and his wip sticks out high :p it's kinda funny tho but thought i'd let you know.

Kind regards and keep up the excellent work!!

Jeffrey

v0id

Programmer
Brightrock Games
Nov 18, 2011
Germany
Thank you :)
Q: Will you be able to attack as the possed minions when the game is ready?
Yes this is a planned feature, it was just so far more important to get other features done, but we will definitively implement that soon.
For now you can already possess workers and do tasks in possession, left mouse button does diggy stuff and right mouse button claimy stuff :)

And as last i wanted to let you know about a bug that happens when i'm playing.
The beast tamer sinks through the floor and so he moves around but half through the floor and his wip sticks out high :p it's kinda funny tho but thought i'd let you know.
Not sure if I correctly understood the issue, would you mind to leave us a bug report with a more detailed explaination how to reproduce the issue?
Just open a thread here:
https://forum.subterraneangames.com/forums/bedrock-beta-bug-reports.70/
and we can have a look into this.

Cheers & Happy New Year @ All

Fireeye

Augre
WFTO Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Ze Germany
In all honesty, this patch (or rather, the previous one) is fantastic. I had some serious doubts that you could make it to the March deadline, but that was one hell of a jump, content-wise.

Jan 3, 2013
In all honesty, this patch (or rather, the previous one) is fantastic. I had some serious doubts that you could make it to the March deadline, but that was one hell of a jump, content-wise.
It is, however lack of maps hurts too much right now. I hope to see some soon, or perhaps some of previously made maps could be tweaked and tossed in back for a while.

Top Bottom