• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WFTO Wednesday #106: "Patch 0.7 Preview"

Oct 17, 2013
Quick question, are vampires in patch 0.6 yet and if so how do I sacrifice minions in the Sanctuary to get them?

Noontide

Designer / Community Manager
Brightrock Games
Dec 8, 2012
Brighton, UK
Then it's at least 3 weeks away.

But what about 0.6.2?
We've decided to focus our efforts on getting the campaign ready for release as such we've decided to forego releasing 0.6.2 to the public. The next update will be 0.7.0.

Quick question, are vampires in patch 0.6 yet and if so how do I sacrifice minions in the Sanctuary to get them?
As Nutter said, though I would like to highlight they're not fully implemented yet.

Jan 3, 2013
We've decided to focus our efforts on getting the campaign ready for release as such we've decided to forego releasing 0.6.2 to the public. The next update will be 0.7.0.

As Nutter said, though I would like to highlight they're not fully implemented yet.
That's sad to hear. We wouldn't mind having something to play with while waiting for such huge patch as 0.7.

Simburgur

Managing Director
Brightrock Games
Nov 10, 2011
Brighton, UK
www.twitter.com
Summon Vampire is a ritual, which happens to require minion sacrifice, if it's in.. you'll see in the Veins of Evil (far down)
It's not in yet, but very likely to be in 0.7. You should be able to summon a (mostly non-functional) Vampire with the console though.
That's sad to hear. We wouldn't mind having something to play with while waiting for such huge patch as 0.7.
While I agree it would be nice, as Noontide said we're almost entirely focused on the campaign right now which we aren't wanting to test publicly. We're also working on various other milestone (certification, localisation, etc) which makes getting a public build ready even more troublesome and time consuming.

Jan 3, 2013
It's not in yet, but very likely to be in 0.7. You should be able to summon a (mostly non-functional) Vampire with the console though.

While I agree it would be nice, as Noontide said we're almost entirely focused on the campaign right now which we aren't wanting to test publicly. We're also working on various other milestone (certification, localisation, etc) which makes getting a public build ready even more troublesome and time consuming.
Can we at least hope for some hotfixes?

For example the creature recovery bug is quite gamebreaking. I reported it but I'm not sure if it is tested by anyone so far.

Simburgur

Managing Director
Brightrock Games
Nov 10, 2011
Brighton, UK
www.twitter.com
Can we at least hope for some hotfixes?

For example the creature recovery bug is quite gamebreaking. I reported it but I'm not sure if it is tested by anyone so far.
Probably not. As it's been so long since the release, doing a hotfix isn't really practical as it'll take too much time to cherry pick and test the changes we are pushing. We simply don't have the resources for it right now due to everything else I mentioned in my previous post.

Jan 3, 2013
Probably not. As it's been so long since the release, doing a hotfix isn't really practical as it'll take too much time to cherry pick and test the changes we are pushing. We simply don't have the resources for it right now due to everything else I mentioned in my previous post.
In this case it makes no sense to play now and wait for 0.7, since this bug pretty much ruins the gameplay.

Not a big deal though, as 0.7 gonna deliver the much anticipated stuff instead.

Oct 17, 2013
Thanks guys for clearing up my question. I was looking around the veins of evil and couldn't find the summoning ritual for vampires. Now I know.
I probably won't use the console to take a peek cuz I would rather the vampire be fully implemented and functional before using em.

Jan 17, 2013
France
Although we’re not going to be pushing any more campaign levels to you before release
Why not ? I mean, if players return on the first three levels was so useful (as this WFTO Wednesday seems to implies) and you have nearly finish the first pass on the campaign, why not test it before release ?
Lack of time ? Avoiding spoilers ? Testing all the campaign will not give you more info compared to only testing the first 3 levels ? Steven Fright vetoed the idea ? Another reason that I'm missing entirely ?

(I'm just curious)

Simburgur

Managing Director
Brightrock Games
Nov 10, 2011
Brighton, UK
www.twitter.com
Why not ? I mean, if players return on the first three levels was so useful (as this WFTO Wednesday seems to implies) and you have nearly finish the first pass on the campaign, why not test it before release ?
Lack of time ? Avoiding spoilers ? Testing all the campaign will not give you more info compared to only testing the first 3 levels ? Steven Fright vetoed the idea ? Another reason that I'm missing entirely ?

(I'm just curious)
There's two main things we needed testing:
  • The teaching of the core mechanics that occurs in the first few levels
  • Several technical features that make up the campaign levels
The testing of the first 3 levels has allowed us to do that, and we've already got a small select group that are testing the rest of the campaign for us.

The main motivation for keeping it under wraps until release is to not have the ending spoiled, but we also want there to be a decent chunk of content added to the game on launch day.

Lack of time is also a factor - it's a simple fact that releasing public builds is very time consuming, and time isn't something we've got a lot of right now ;)

Underlord Vulukai

Matriarch
WFTO Backer
Mar 11, 2013
The Void
www.youtube.com
oh man, the visual updates are looking absolutely phenomenal. I understand things not being in a stable build, but any chance 0.7 will move to the opt in branch on steam any time before february? i'd love to start drooling over everything.

can't wait for Sovereign Theme, or to see what other devious themes are getting thrown into the game!

Top Bottom