• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WFTO Wednesday #109: Rated D for Delayed

Jan 3, 2013
Oops

No worries though; I at least am not in a hurry since I prefer good games that come out a bit late than the game that releases on time in a near beta state.
While there indeed are enough games that could entertain people for a while, it doesn't change the fact that game will remain pretty much dead again, this time until mid-march.

Decision to skip 0.6.2 was very wrong - not only we get nothing for like 2 months, but we are stuck with broken and barely playable 0.6.1 build. Quite sad to hear that nothing will get changed for another 1+ month.

Ember Demon
WFTO Founder
Apr 20, 2012
Worthing, West Sussex
a pre-release 0.7.0 patch was planned for late Feb, before final release right? is that still the case?

edit: never mind, found this line in the news post

In mid-March we’ll be launching v0.7.0 which will introduce a huge amount of polish to the game
so there will be a patch in a month or so, which is quite a long time :( any chance for an opt-in preview?

NaTT

Priestess
Dec 25, 2014
Yeah it's a shame cause I also was waiting for the patch in February... There is nothing much to do in current state of the game. AI is not a challenge, survival is fucked because of optimization issues and multiplayer is broken which, don't get me wrong is a lot of fun but playing the same 2 maps with bugs can get frustrating ; P

Jan 3, 2013
You have plenty of other games now, but you still spend plenty of time on the forum, I don't think you'll forget about us any time soon.
I can guarantee I'll check Wednesday updates for sure. Other than that, I'll probably hang out much less since there will be little to do till Mid March.

Jan 7, 2012
Nice to see that theres now a final release date one can look forward to : )
Besides that, i was absent for a quiete long time and now my backer status seems missing, did something happen which requiered us to restate our tier/adress?
Or shouldnt that concern me if I can just type it in the backers page tommorow?

"This week we’ll be launching the backer site, allowing our backers to give us their final address, t-shirt sizes, and other details, as well as voting on the Flex Goal they want to see"

Last edited:

Nutter

Frost Weaver
WFTO Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
Nice to see that theres now a final release date one can look forward to : )
Besides that, i was absent for a quiete long time and now my backer status seems missing, did something happen which requiered us to restate our tier/adress?
Or shouldnt that concern me if I can just type it in the backers page tommorow?

"This week we’ll be launching the backer site, allowing our backers to give us their final address, t-shirt sizes, and other details, as well as voting on the Flex Goal they want to see"
Contact Alistair via pm if your backer status is missing

Nov 13, 2013
I'm actually quite happy that this delay happened :D. to be honest, while I didn't doubt that the game would be feature complete, I worried that it would be released in a unpolished state. I just couldn't see how we could acheive a great level of polish for balance, graphics, sounds, campaign, etc. in a month. This delay makes me feel a lot more confident that WFTO will be well polished and ready to make a good first impression once it is released :).

however, I am disappointed that the 7.0 patch was delayed :(

Evi

Shadow
WFTO Backer
Nov 14, 2011
*Looks up*
Oh, it was delayed again?

Okay sure. *Goes back to playing Pokemon and Dark Souls*

Valtiel

Priestess
Aug 28, 2014
On account of the small mountain of other games I still have to play, I'm pretty cool with this.

I also want to say that modifiable AI properties sound awesome.

Last edited:

Psycix

Necromancer
WFTO Founder
Jan 9, 2013
I don't mind the delay either, especially since it's not even related to the actual development, but to administrative things instead.
Take all the time you need, you only get to launch once!

Apr 2, 2014
Malaysia
I don't mind to be honest, I already talked to the dev in Twitter, you guys deserve the delays. When you guys going to release the beast on the first day, I'm sure a lot of DK lovers going to give hug and kisses all of the beta testers and the developers. ;)

Zets

Cultist
Jun 3, 2013
Nifelheim, Sweden
I just played the newset version after not having touched it for at least 6 months and i must say...THIS LOOKS FUCKING AWESOME! The second of april will surely be a day that goes down in gaming history!

I feel that delays should now be considered a positive among the gaming community. With all the shitty and premature releases that have been plauging the industry lately, a delay, makes us confident that you are serious.

Last edited:
Top Bottom