• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WFTO Wednesday #110: Glacial Door & EGX Rezzed

Triscopic

Crackpot
WFTO Backer
Dec 11, 2012
United Kingdom (Great Britain)
That's generally good news. I like the glacial door - it's an interesting and different twist on the standard formula, and the transition to Unity 5 - if successful - is another good thing, as from what I recall reading there have been a few situations where the answer "Unity 4 won't allow it, but Unity 5 will"

Valtiel

Priestess
Aug 28, 2014
It seems the role filled by the Glacial Door is as a very sturdy defense for a doorway that you want to keep closed most of the time. That's all very well, but why would I put a door there instead of, say, just filling the gap with a block of replacement or Augrum wall? What advantage does the Glacial Door really give me? Yes, I can open it quickly - but I can also mine through my own walls pretty fast, right?

Ember Demon
WFTO Founder
Apr 20, 2012
Worthing, West Sussex
It seems the role filled by the Glacial Door is as a very sturdy defense for a doorway that you want to keep closed most of the time. That's all very well, but why would I put a door there instead of, say, just filling the gap with a block of replacement or Augrum wall? What advantage does the Glacial Door really give me? Yes, I can open it quickly - but I can also mine through my own walls pretty fast, right?
Well, the glacial door is tougher than Augrum wall, it is immune to underminers, and when fully charged so are adjacent tiles (making a single door protect 3 tiles of your dungeon for one price and one defence), without the need for a garrison, Augrum wall can be dug by workers but the Glacial door must be attacked by units. Also opening the glacial door when fully charged creates a knockback effect that pushes all enemy units away, giving you a couple of seconds to push any counter attack a bit further outside your territory.

Valtiel

Priestess
Aug 28, 2014
Well, the glacial door is tougher than Augrum wall, it is immune to underminers, and when fully charged so are adjacent tiles (making a single door protect 3 tiles of your dungeon for one price and one defence), without the need for a garrison, Augrum wall can be dug by workers but the Glacial door must be attacked by units. Also opening the glacial door when fully charged creates a knockback effect that pushes all enemy units away, giving you a couple of seconds to push any counter attack a bit further outside your territory.
Ok, thanks, that clears it up very nicely! Can you drop workers on the far side of the glacial door (but still on the same tile) in order to start pushing your own claim outwards?

Ember Demon
WFTO Founder
Apr 20, 2012
Worthing, West Sussex
Been a while since I have came on here, but I haven't received my invite to the backers site, and I need to update my address details - any way I can get access to this?

Invites to the backer site are being sent out in waves, randomly, so just hold on, there will probably be an update when the last wave goes out, to make sure no one has missed theirs

Top Bottom