• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WFTO Wednesday #111: Well of Souls & Press Event

Jan 3, 2013
And how come her stream video is like nowhere to be found?

I would like to watch it as I was unable to do so properly, yet it seems like nobody uploaded it anywhere.

I'd appreciate if link to it would be provided by someone. From what I managed to see ( only few minutes ), it's visually absolutely different from 0.6.1, has more natural appearance ( compared to current ''artificial'' one ), I'd like to see more of it if possible.

Alistair

Captain Graze Box
WFTO Founder
Dec 11, 2011
UK
And how come her stream video is like nowhere to be found?

I would like to watch it as I was unable to do so properly, yet it seems like nobody uploaded it anywhere.

I'd appreciate if link to it would be provided by someone. From what I managed to see ( only few minutes ), it's visually absolutely different from 0.6.1, has more natural appearance ( compared to current ''artificial'' one ), I'd like to see more of it if possible.
Hey Slichizard - you should be able to watch it here: http://www.twitch.tv/yogscast/b/626451344?t=32m04s

(It was posted in the news post)

Jan 3, 2013
No problem - Its going be uploaded to Hannah's YouTube account tomorrow at some point if you prefer to watch it then.
Nah twitch is fine. I'll watch video and ask questions if I will have any. Thanks.

Edit : Will health flowers also display the XP like in DK games? I feel like there's currently no way of knowing how close to level-up your creature is, or how much xp It can get from various sources.

Last edited:

mishko

Matriarch
WFTO Founder
Feb 27, 2012
Michigan
Are all the new terrain textures final? Is there going to be new dirt textures and is there going to be gold blocks with different amounts of gold?

Jan 3, 2013
Yes, wraiths are basically ghouls with a timed life that are independent from a necromancer . :)
Except their damage seem to be too high for some reason.

P.S Is it me, or heroes are way too weak? I watched Hannah's play and felt like heroes are piece of cake. Could you consider buffing them somehow? I have few ideas regarding this matter - either increase their XP gain in combat or probably allow them gain xp per time in some way. Killing lvl1-2 heroes right now shouldn't be any problem ( except Juggernaut, he looks like the only durable opponent ).

Tommonius

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 15, 2012
Wolverhampton
AH! forgive me I forgot about WTFO Wed *cowers*

great to know WTFO is getting media attention and I am reading the reviews now. The new defense is cool I cannot but help notice just how many necromancer powers an Underlord has in spells/ traps/ minions.

Guess this means my evil hand needs to be modded to wear a fitting black robe... er make that a wristband? Or make it a skull that picks things up with teeth and bites minions instead of slapping them?

Jan 3, 2013
So... Does the well of souls damage through walls still or not? No mention of it explicitly, but discussion elsewhere suggests it might (or did at one point).
Technically it shouldn't do so. It could have some balance issues if it would damage while being on the other side of the wall.

Triscopic

Crackpot
WFTO Backer
Dec 11, 2012
United Kingdom (Great Britain)

Valtiel

Priestess
Aug 28, 2014
Aww. I really liked the sound of a defense that could attack through walls. I guess that could lead to a nearly-impregnable defense, though, with the right map layout. I mean, imagine a layer of garrison-reinforced Augrum wall with a Soul Well behind it and imps shoring it up from the other side! Or, possibly worse still, a Glacial Door with a Soul Well behind it.

Of course, this is only possible if the map has a natural bottleneck in it. If it doesn't, you just need to stop beating your head against the wall and go around.

By the way, what's the radius of the Glacial Door's wall-freezing effect? Is it just one tile either side of the door, or does it spread further left and right? What about along walls diagonally next to the door, if you put it in a corridor?

Last edited:

Medjay

Shadow
WFTO Backer
Aug 23, 2012
Canterbury
Just a heads up for anyone interested: if you go on to WftO's Steam store page, there is a various collection of interesting achievements. Worth a look. Achievements are look pretty fun actually, particularly some of the timed ones.

Medjay

Shadow
WFTO Backer
Aug 23, 2012
Canterbury
I rather assumed it means you have to be an absolute boss to complete them in that time. So, its not like it's really going to be possible to get them without a lot of practice. But that remains to be seen.

Top Bottom