• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WFTO Wednesday #113: Blade Lotus & Updated Terrain

Nov 13, 2013
Wow, that blade lotus looks amazing :D. I was really curious how you would be able to pull off a trap that did everything the blade lotus does and make it look good, and you definitely pulled it off :).

Nutter

Frost Weaver
WFTO Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
My only issue, as I said last night in Foundry chat, (but putting here too so it doesn't get lost... and to see if my "title" actually prevents me from posting) is that the bit that pops up (with the floor tile gem on) looks like it's spinning spikes would get caught on the spikes which pop up from the ground forcing it to jam.

Making those ground spikes shorter would be an easy fix when it comes to actually modelling it.

Valtiel

Priestess
Aug 28, 2014
Ok, the blade lotus is cool and all, but my favourite thing here is the well-hidden line "gold [...] can appear in any type of terrain".

So... gold-laden sand for quick mining? Gold-laden permafrost which is frustratingly slow to mine? Ability to reinforce gold tiles? Gold-laden brimstone?

Simburgur

Managing Director
Brightrock Games
Nov 10, 2011
Brighton, UK
www.twitter.com
Ok, the blade lotus is cool and all, but my favourite thing here is the well-hidden line "gold [...] can appear in any type of terrain".

So... gold-laden sand for quick mining? Gold-laden permafrost which is frustratingly slow to mine? Ability to reinforce gold tiles? Gold-laden brimstone?
Yes, although probably not gold-laden Brimstone.

Jan 3, 2013
why not? hard to get, but when you do blow it up, you get it all at once! as long as it is possible, you don't have to use it in your maps, but some people might like to.
I believe it has some balance issues. Since Brimstone tends to crumble completely, it will simply grant too much if you explode a chain of Brimstones with gold in it. Or it could just be tricky to code.

Simburgur

Managing Director
Brightrock Games
Nov 10, 2011
Brighton, UK
www.twitter.com
Neither - More of a visual clarity thing. You can't mine Brimstone, adding gold may give that implication. I'm 95% certain that it is actually supported so for custom maps it can certainly happen, it's just not something I've used for the campaign.

Ember Demon
WFTO Founder
Apr 20, 2012
Worthing, West Sussex
I believe it has some balance issues. Since Brimstone tends to crumble completely, it will simply grant too much if you explode a chain of Brimstones with gold in it. Or it could just be tricky to code.
A) That's a map design issue, not a mechanics issue. I see no reason why it shouldn't be possible, even if no one likes putting it in their maps
B) I find it hard to believe that the code would be any different, let alone harder than putting Gold in Permafrost/Sand etc.

Ember Demon
WFTO Founder
Apr 20, 2012
Worthing, West Sussex
Neither - More of a visual clarity thing. You can't mine Brimstone, adding gold may give that implication. I'm 95% certain that it is actually supported so for custom maps it can certainly happen, it's just not something I've used for the campaign.
There is gold in the Impenetrable rock on level 2, and that is 100% unattainable. But as long as it is supported, that is fine with me, it just seemed unnecessary to actively disallow it.

Skorp

Gargoyle
Feb 1, 2014
I really want a gif of this blade lotus model in action. Would the spinning part rise first and after the damage has been dealt the swords arise as a barricade?

Jan 3, 2013
I really want a gif of this blade lotus model in action. Would the spinning part rise first and after the damage has been dealt the swords arise as a barricade?
If you look at current Blade Lotus animation, you will see it does like this. Creatures can't pass through it while it's risen, only when it's destroyed or prepared to trigger again.

Top Bottom