• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WFTO Wednesday #116: Hands On

Jan 3, 2013
Hand animations look good. Not like I had any trouble with current one, but any improvement is welcome.

I guess for everything else - livestream at April 1.

Oct 17, 2013
I feel a little bummed that these Wfto Wednesdays have come to an end. On the bright side, the game is nearly out!

Dec 3, 2013
Argentina
The new hand looks amazing!!!

I have a little suggestion. What if instead of a different icon for every unit you're carry, there's a single icon per class and a little number to the side of it with the quantity of units you're carrying? Would look more clean.

Attachments

Psycix

Dryad
WFTO Founder
Jan 9, 2013
I'm really looking forward to the hand of evil!
Very clever thinking about the fixed-point thing. Can't wait!

launch stream live event, hoping that ain't an April fools prank telling us it is delayed :p
Actually hope it is... :p

Apr 2, 2014
Malaysia
Nice, I can't wait for April to come, so this would be the last Livestream and update before live?

Hey Guys, I have a question. It seems that the game is uninstalled at the moment and I don't remember delete the content, did you guys actually remove it for anticipation for the new content or patch?

Mar 16, 2015
The new hand looks amazing!!!

I have a little suggestion. What if instead of a different icon for every unit you're carry, there's a single icon per class and a little number to the side of it with the quantity of units you're carrying? Would look more clean.
It'd be cool if they could pull that off, but it may be more difficult than it sounds. Each one is a distinct entity...and the order they were picked up in matters. All depends on how they have the data structure laid out, and where the 'draw icon' call is in stepping through it.

-----------------

The new hand looks good! It admittedly was only a problem when trying to deal with the smallest of entities [picking up gold, placing the rally flag], but I look forward to it all the same.

Old habits die hard, though...the entire video I was trying to zoom out to see if the game's gotten brighter since the last update, or if my monitor's just too dark, thinking "ARRRGH, I'm rolling the mouse wheel, why isn't it zooming out! *rage* ...oh right, Youtube." the whole time.

That's the one that gets me: the low light is very atmospheric, but it's hard to see what's going on.

Feb 23, 2015
Denmark
Nice, I can't wait for April to come, so this would be the last Livestream and update before live?

Hey Guys, I have a question. It seems that the game is uninstalled at the moment and I don't remember delete the content, did you guys actually remove it for anticipation for the new content or patch?
Mine is still on my comp (and also pretty sure they cant physically uninstall it from your computer), they would literally have to hack you then

Feb 23, 2015
Denmark
This is horridly off-topic...but Gummi, is that an RA1 Tesla Tank I see?
Yep it is, well kinda from the renegade mod (total conversion) "A Path Beyond" that takes it into RA1 universe (so basically RA1 in FPS perspective), pretty old picture though(like 2-3 years if not more), so imo it not that great anymore the mod

Mar 5, 2015
Parts Unknown
How long until after the game has been released can we expect any real updates? asin do you decide to support the game
Will this be alike "dungeon defenders" let's say where the company continually brings out patches.
Or will it be one to 3 smaller patches and the game forgotten about like most games these days..

Apr 2, 2014
Malaysia
Mine is still on my comp (and also pretty sure they cant physically uninstall it from your computer), they would literally have to hack you then
Oh, Alright, somehow I probably removed it and forgot to install it again. :lol:

I'm thinking about installing the game now or just wait till 2nd of April. Probably if I'm installing it would be like 5 or 6 GB download including the updates. So uh, I'm undecided if I should install it right now or not.

mishko

Witch Doctor
WFTO Founder
Feb 27, 2012
Michigan
Quick question: when the animations for creatures dangling from the hand is added will there be a falling animation when you drop creatures like in dungeon keeper?

Top Bottom