• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WFTO Wednesday #120: A Patch in Time

Mar 16, 2015
I love that even in the face of a less-than-ideal launch circumstance, the exhaustion that must be coming from the game seeing more patches in a month than most games see in their entire lifetime, and hordes of rabid anti-fanboys overrunning this place as of late, you guys are still in good enough spirits to have a sense of humor. I love reading the patch notes and such for the little things tucked away in them. :D

Apr 28, 2014
Germany
I like the new patch.

The greatest Part of my performance Issues is gone and I like more functional Home realm a lot.

I think its likely that we can come back to 4GB RAM minimum spec aftera little bit more of optimization :)

Thanks for your good work.

Apr 28, 2014
Germany
That new minion of yours is adorable ;)
Yes, a cute little guy u have captured in there :)

Will he get a bigger cage later? or can he just run around in your office sometimes?

looks quite small for me that space he has :(

In addition, as far as I know, every rabbit needs a friend with him not to feel lonely.

If you're interrested I can show you the rabbitcage of my sister, thats a real BIG one (something like 1,6x1,6 meters^^), and she built it by herself (with only a little help from her big brother ;) )

Noontide

Designer / Community Manager
Brightrock Games
Dec 8, 2012
Brighton, UK
Will he get a bigger cage later? or can he just run around in your office sometimes?
He won't be getting a bigger cage, at least not yet, but will definitely be spending time outside it, we're just getting him used to the idea of leaving it as he's a little nervous.

In addition, as far as I know, every rabbit needs a friend with him not to feel lonely.
This is true and in the future I would like to get a second one for him, when we adopted him we were told he didn't get on well with other males. So in a few months time we might be looking at having him Neutered (The poor fella) and finding him a lovely female friend. That's where the space concern comes up again.

For now he's really happy with our attention though, extremely friendly and loves the attention :)

If you're interrested I can show you the rabbitcage of my sister, thats a real BIG one (something like 1,6x1,6 meters^^), and she built it by herself (with only a little help from her big brother ;) )
Definitely interested! I'm always looking for advice this is our first Rabbit (He actually does belong to me and my GF), feel free to PM me!

SlyGoat

Firebreather
May 18, 2013
Florida
I really hope there is some major rebalancing done either in or before 1.1; otherwise you risk the multiplayer scene dying before it even starts. It's bad enough the state of multiplayer on the game's launch deterred people from even trying it.

Apr 28, 2014
Germany
@Noontide

Here I want to show you the pictures of my sisters bunny cage, like I said.

Its a cage made of wood, with some kind of strong foil on the bottom to keep the ground dry an clean (I think this foil is used for garden ponds). This isn`t the best solution, because bunnies like to nibble on it and eat it (wich did not harm them so far, but it`s definetely not good for them). My sister plans to embetter the Ground with glazed tiles, wich is cheaper (the foil is pretty expensive) and more durable.
The Sand box you see in there is for refulationg there temperature, wich they cannot do on thexr own. Straw works for that too, so it is not neccesary. If you want to buy such a thing don`t buy normal san or Sand wich is used for birds. bunnies can get seriusly hurt by this!

The cage is about 1,8 meters each side.

If you need any tips in treating bunnies, ask me, my sister is a real animal geek and knows nearly anything ;)

Some tips for free:

If you bunny is male and does not like other males, this is normal. you should caponize him, that will change this behaviour (my sis has two males, but they were together since they were babies and have been caponized together as well) Keep in mind that bunnies can still make babies some weeks after caponising (i think it was 8 weeks) if you want to have a female with him.

Bunnies like to live in groups, so a second one is a good thing. Bunnies are (sadly) cute, but son't really like to be raised or to cuddle much. They do, but not too often. Its better to watch them instead of touching them.

Bunnies don`t need thar bunny food sold in stores, they dont need grains at all. They need straw and hay, and there must be always hey in there, because this is theit main food. Sometimes they like to get some vegetables or fresh herbs, but be careful if you collect them by yourself, they don`t eat anything, some of the herbs are poisonous for them so you should inform yourself before getting something you don`t know. If you have a good pet store you can always ask there for the best food. It's important that bunnies always have something to eat, they can get sick if they dont have something to eat constantly!

You should always try to watch their teeth and claws. If the teeth get too long or disorted, you need to go to the animal doctor to correct this. If the claws are too long, you can cut them by yourself (watch some tutorial vids about this) or if you dont feel save with that, the doc can do this too.

hope this helps you a bit, and sorry if that took so long.
20150429_183324.jpg

Attachments

Psycix

Dryad
WFTO Founder
Jan 9, 2013
Not what I expected to see in a forum about a dungeon management game.

(Unless this is your slaughterpen.)

Top Bottom