• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WFTO Wednesday #122: Tons of Maps!

Beneathar

Necromancer
Apr 28, 2014
Germany
Will there be some of the Maps I made in the Patch?

I'm just courious about that, and that would excite me sooo much, so I MUST ask this now :)

The tooltips are very nice, I like them much, very clear and informative ;)

I hope the patch will come out soon, I can't wait...

Moreum

Skarg
WFTO Founder
Feb 6, 2013
New York, USA
as far as I know ton is thousand kilograms so are we talking a thousand of maps? and that's not what I asked though. I've asked is there any estimated time of arrive of the patch 1.1? If not that's cool but at least how many days/weeks/months/years/decades/ or centuries we all have to wait.

Nutter

Frost Weaver
WFTO Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
as far as I know ton is thousand kilograms so are we talking a thousand of maps? and that's not what I asked though. I've asked is there any estimated time of arrive of the patch 1.1? If not that's cool but at least how many days/weeks/months/years/decades/ or centuries we all have to wait.
Well cubes of dirt and gold and rock weigh a lot :p And Augrum Wall weighs loads!

Seriously though, the release date is basically.. when it's all working and bug free (or as bug free as we can get it), we're not being deliberately sneaky with a date, we just don't know for sure when it'll be yet, best we can do is keep showing people progress and letting you know we're getting closer.

Sorry it's not much of an answer but I think it's a lesson learnt here, better not to have push back a release and disappoint people, than to announce a date milestone and not hit it.

May 1, 2014
United Kingdom
This is good news, I am looking forward to the boost of content we will be getting with the next major patch, keep up the good work guys, I applaud your eagerness to get this game to its best and I am always waiting ever patiently.

May 18, 2013
Florida
I really hope you guys take a look at the minion attraction system before 1.1, it's kindof a big deal. I feel like it needs a complete overhaul, but just making tweaks to the current system is better than nothing if you really feel resources are better served elsewhere. Having more maps to play on is great, but with the state of the game's strategy at the moment it's going to get stale again quickly.

Well cubes of dirt and gold and rock weigh a lot :p And Augrum Wall weighs loads!

Seriously though, the release date is basically.. when it's all working and bug free (or as bug free as we can get it), we're not being deliberately sneaky with a date, we just don't know for sure when it'll be yet, best we can do is keep showing people progress and letting you know we're getting closer.

Sorry it's not much of an answer but I think it's a lesson learnt here, better not to have push back a release and disappoint people, than to announce a date milestone and not hit it.
Yeah it was CRAZY to see how angry people were!! I felt bad for you guys. :/ I think your playing it safe is a good idea. Don't harass the devs Mr. Founder, they are working hard I'm sure. :D

-D

BlackBeard

Firebreather
Mar 21, 2015
Italy
wow good news.

I like the new information panel and the new maps :)

let's see if I can make a beautiful map I too ^^

with regard to issues concerning the balance? will be present in the patch 1.1?

Nutter

Frost Weaver
WFTO Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
I really hope you guys take a look at the minion attraction system before 1.1, it's kindof a big deal. I feel like it needs a complete overhaul, but just making tweaks to the current system is better than nothing if you really feel resources are better served elsewhere. Having more maps to play on is great, but with the state of the game's strategy at the moment it's going to get stale again quickly.
We're already taking a look at it right now, currently testing a reworking version internally :)

Psycix

Necromancer
WFTO Founder
Jan 9, 2013
why not open a PTR to test the game before the patch 1.1 goes live?
bugs would be fixed in less time
This could help maximize the updraft of game popularity gained by this update. Especially balance-wise, making sure that multiplayer actually works as a game with strategy.

Top Bottom