• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WFTO Wednesday #14

ShadowTiger

Crackpot
WFTO Founder
Dec 10, 2011
New York
... Oooookay, that Inquisitor is officially a badass. I am actually scared. All of those abilities are far from anything I'd ever want to face down, even with some serious firepower, because all of that firepower can be mirrored right back to said firepower.

That, is fearsome.

Are there any particular counters to the Inquisitor? Or is it just something that we'll have to use the Ember Demon on? :p I guess we can't interact with the Ember Demon much.

Simburgur

Managing Director
Brightrock Games
Nov 10, 2011
Brighton, UK
www.twitter.com
... Oooookay, that Inquisitor is officially a badass. I am actually scared. All of those abilities are far from anything I'd ever want to face down, even with some serious firepower, because all of that firepower can be mirrored right back to said firepower.

That, is fearsome.

Are there any particular counters to the Inquisitor? Or is it just something that we'll have to use the Ember Demon on? :p I guess we can't interact with the Ember Demon much.
Generally the Inquisitor is strong against mage-like units, but anything that can take more damage than it deals will be able to deal with Inquisitors without too much trouble, especially if they do not rely on buffs/debuffs. He's very much an anti-magic character.

As for the Ember Demon: They are quite ambient, and will simply flounce around looking awesome until you instruct them to go and wreak havoc on the enemy.

Ash

Priestess
WFTO Backer
Jan 31, 2013
Brighton
i love catching up to what everyone's talking about and realising that you put on the wednesday news!!!!!!!!!!!
Cant Wait, Thankyou once again!

Mudley

Cultist
WFTO Backer
Feb 1, 2013
Can we get an announcement of when the beta is gonna launch? It's starting to annoy me you don't tell us when we can play the beta. It's all im checking the updates for atm. BRING US A DATE!

Simburgur

Managing Director
Brightrock Games
Nov 10, 2011
Brighton, UK
www.twitter.com
Can we get an announcement of when the beta is gonna launch? It's starting to annoy me you don't tell us when we can play the beta. It's all im checking the updates for atm. BRING US A DATE!
You will know a date when we know a date... this isn't your average game where a build is polished for months before being declared a 'beta' and used for marketing purposes - the build will be raw, early, and heavily unfinished, and as such we don't know exactly when it will be ready just yet.

Simburgur

Managing Director
Brightrock Games
Nov 10, 2011
Brighton, UK
www.twitter.com
I hope the Ember Demon loses lvl on re spawn, otherwise it might be quite OP, allowing them to be quickly high lvl. Or maybe not, it depends on the unit HP, damage, speed.

Hey, in Europe it's like 1 PM :)
Originally he did lose a level on respawn instead of needing to wait a minute, however this was going to end up with them simply perma-dying after one encounter, so we removed that. We may even simply remove levels from this unit entirely due to the nature of how it is produced and maintained.

Mudley

Cultist
WFTO Backer
Feb 1, 2013
You will know a date when we know a date... this isn't your average game where a build is polished for months before being declared a 'beta' and used for marketing purposes - the build will be raw, early, and heavily unfinished, and as such we don't know exactly when it will be ready just yet.
So that means it's not even for sure the beta will come out this month. It might even be pushed 2 month or so?

Simburgur

Managing Director
Brightrock Games
Nov 10, 2011
Brighton, UK
www.twitter.com
So that means it's not even for sure the beta will come out this month. It might even be pushed 2 month or so?
It's unlikely that it will be pushed back 2 months. We are close enough that we can confidently say this month, but anything can happen.

This is the downside with transparency and promises - sometimes things can change ;)

Mudley

Cultist
WFTO Backer
Feb 1, 2013
It's unlikely that it will be pushed back 2 months. We are close enough that we can confidently say this month, but anything can happen.

This is the downside with transparency and promises - sometimes things can change ;)
That's a better information than no information of the beta at all. Thanks

Top Bottom