• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WFTO Wednesday #16

Blizzard

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 3, 2011
Behind you
FIRST POST
now I can read the post in peace

Edit as dissapointing as it is not to play the beta (I was expecting it to be delayed)
but on the other hand I would rather have a good beta than a rushed one

as for the necromancer I feel that visually his shamanistic look doesn't really fit
maybe we could have a more covered necrommancer which doesn't show his skin
similar to the ones in adventure quest and Warhammer

Jari Nierop

Chunder
WFTO Backer
Dec 31, 2012
The Netherlands
D'oh, I was hoping to play the beta in the May holidays but oh well, I love the Necromancer concept :)
Also if you pushed back the actual release of the game you should try to go for a Halloween release, the game would fit the Halloween theme perfectly :D

Tommonius

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 15, 2012
Wolverhampton
okay thanks for the great WTFO Wednesday, been refrshing the page every minute for the last half an hour impatiently :)

beta: I understand and don't sweat it, I know games that have been rushed out before they are ready (ME3 and some wow expansions) which were terrible in places which ruined otherwise great games and others delayed until they knew everything was rosy (bioshock infinite) and I respect such people for the decision and I will gladly wait until you guys say everything is ready.

also WOOOO for mini campaign :)

crypt looks down right incredible and glad you went down this route, the emerald fires look so damn good and I love the skull walls, give yourselves a pat on the backs for that great room.

Also loving the Necromancer and his abilities and tie in to other units. As the Necromancer gets buffed by Ghouls around him then I assume they stay risen until killed so you can make a ghoul army if you have enough corpses? Also you can raise a dead ghoul so they are basically recyclable, but do they have a time limit until they decay or anything like that?

Seeing as Revnants are temporarily raised enemies or allies fighting but slowly loosing health, do they have the same abilities in life and do they have reduced stats from being dead or not?

Anyways great job, looking forward to see what the ghouls look like and glad we have a creature that comes from dead units which is cool, seeing as Vampires were mentioned then will they also be risen or do we attract them or maybe a 3rd unknown methods to gain them? Also with a crypt and crazy Necromancers owuld they possibly make other units with corpses or it Ghouls the limit here?

edit note: with Necromancers, cultists and mentioned Alchemists as well as humanoid monsters, I notice we have a fairly humanoid prominent like dungeon, so does this mean you guys are going for a more DK2 feel as opposed to Dk1 where their was all sorts of bugs and creepy crawlies and hellhounds or will we see more beast types?

Zomboden

Firebreather
WFTO Backer
Feb 5, 2012
USA
Yes! Necromancer, I can't share enough the love I have for this creature... I love raising the dead and undead in general call it zombies, skeletons, specters... I'm there. (Even my name Zombo(zombie)den was the name for my death knight (undead) on WoW) Thank you so much for implementing this! Im so psyched despite the delay which came unexpected but I can deal with it... its part of the game development process and I can understand that.

Enjou

Ember Demon
WFTO Backer
Jan 10, 2012
On the beta delay - NOOOOOOOO! :eek:

On the Crypt - sheer awesome.

On the Necromancer - I like him, though the enlarged lower jaw thing on his robe makes him a bit cartoony in the concept art, IMO. Everything else about him is great.

theMarg0r

Witch Doctor
WFTO Backer
Dec 28, 2012
Under a killing Spoon
So there's an "Army of Darkness" skill, but no "Rise from your grave"? Really guys, really? :p

Just kidding. Hey, take your time with the beta (the beeta!), I have confidence in you being able to deliver a quality product, so don't mess it up by rushing it out.

Sebulon

Templar
WFTO Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Hesse, Germany
I fully understand and respect your decision to delay the beta again. Take your time.
(It's a pity my exams aren't until july and I hope the beta won't take that long, so unfortunately I won't be as lucky as Sahlazar.. ^^ I will have to control my WftO dose.. )

To the necromancer:
I like the skills and I like the crypt.
But I don't really like the look of him (or it?).
Isn't he originally human? He really doesn't look a bit like it. But he doesn't look like a demon neither.

toffeejay

Dryad
WFTO Founder
Dec 25, 2011
On the Necromancer - I like him, though the enlarged lower jaw thing on his robe makes him a bit cartoony in the concept art, IMO. Everything else about him is great.
Have to agree, makes him look like Balsac from Gwar. Without would be better, but have to say this is probably the best character concept art so far.

"As the Necromancer’s army grows so too does his power, yet if vanquished the Ghouls will wander aimlessly unless a Necromancer of equal skill is able to chain them to his own command." Love this idea.

pak man

Priestess
WFTO Backer
Oct 24, 2012
All the room designs are great. love it.

but most of the character designs are very disappointing. too cartoony and unrealistic. far from DK 1 concept. some are worse than DK 2
(except juggernaut, inquisitor, and cultist)

just my opinion.

p.s. don't mine the delay for the better game.

Evence

Priestess
WFTO Backer
Jan 4, 2013
Santa Cruz, California
i was expecting the delay lol.i dont mind that it will be pushed back, plus free content! that makes it worth it ;p
also i love the design of the necromancer, and his skills.
But yeah, take your time on the game, as much as i want to play, i can wait and be patient. (just like im waiting for maia still x_x)

Jan 7, 2012
Im a bit sad about the longer waiting time, but im sure it will pay out :)

The new undead mechanic sounds interesting, so we wont be able to create a permanent skeleton army anymore, because of constant health loss and a linking to the necromancer (who looks great!), Will the announced ghouls be non permanent too or "normal" undead units?
Also, will there be an undead skin for every unit in the game which gets revieved or dead bodys which were "produced" in the crypt to be carried around by the necromancer?

As for the crypts design is great im a bit confused by the walls. Will the walls be filled up with bones like in the big picture or just dirt walls with some skulls pushed in like in the second wall concept. It would be great if the walls would pile up when the crypt gets used often.

Burgerling

Cultist
WFTO Backer
Feb 8, 2013
The Beta delay isn't that hard we could wait the whole time so we can wait a little longer ;) ( just make sure to release it on a friday so we can lock ourselfs up to play the beta) :D
the crypt looks totally awesome with the skullwalls!
The Necromancer also looks very cool but i would change the lower jaw to be smaller (still very big but not from shoulder to shoulder)
and for the mini campaign YEAH SO AWESOME THANK YOU GUUUUUYS =D

Tommonius

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 15, 2012
Wolverhampton
Im a bit sad about the longer waiting time, but im sure it will pay out :)

The new undead mechanic sounds interesting, so we wont be able to create a permanent skeleton army anymore, because of constant health loss and a linking to the necromancer (who looks great!), Will the announced ghouls be non permanent too or "normal" undead units?
Also, will there be an undead skin for every unit in the game which gets revieved or dead bodys which were "produced" in the crypt to be carried around by the necromancer?

As for the crypts design is great im a bit confused by the walls. Will the walls be filled up with bones like in the big picture or just dirt walls with some skulls pushed in like in the second wall concept. It would be great if the walls would pile up when the crypt gets used often.
I am thinking they are permanent due to them wandering around when Necromancers are slain and Necromancers getting buffs for each Ghoul in proximitiy to him, plus he actively can raise slain ghouls so unless corrected I think it is ghoul armis for us if we are careful :)

Blizzard

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 3, 2011
Behind you
I am thinking they are permanent due to them wandering around when Necromancers are slain and Necromancers getting buffs for each Ghoul in proximitiy to him, plus he actively can raise slain ghouls so unless corrected I think it is ghoul armis for us if we are careful :)
First thing im going to do is farm imps into ghouls ...

Top Bottom