• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Notice the new look? We've updated to a new version of Xenforo, please read our latest post.

WFTO Wednesday #16

Evence

Ghoul
Backer
Jan 4, 2013
Santa Cruz, California
Yes but nothing says they have to all be completely original and unique. Having some basic units like a skeleton or orc wouldnt hurt anyone
it hurts me lol, i dont want generic things in any game really. lets face it, almost every fantasy game EVER made has skeletons and orcs in them, i for one am tired of seeing that, and am much more happy to see new unique things rather than the old and boring things ive seen in WAY too many games.

Tintwo

Dwarven Worker
Backer
Mar 22, 2013
France
www.tintworld.org
I think many people think like me (at least, thoses knowing about projects in IT). Of course it's always disappointing when a project we follow is delayed. But it's not surprising in a way : who can say or know about a not-delayed project in IT (software, videogame...). In my opinion, unexpected things which can delay a project are legions, just it's nessary to pay care about planning their fixes.
So, good luck to the dev team (ok it's not luck, it's work ^^). See you for the next news ;) and hope you will fixe all roadblocks you have ^^

As usual, design rocks ^^

Sebulon

Disciple
Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Hesse, Germany
it hurts me lol, i dont want generic things in any game really. lets face it, almost every fantasy game EVER made has skeletons and orcs in them, i for one am tired of seeing that, and am much more happy to see new unique things rather than the old and boring things ive seen in WAY too many games.
Maybe there's a reason why you can find orcs, sceletons etc. in so many games/books/movies...
Of course it kinda gets boring when everybody does the same. That isn't even possible, WftO can't be DK3 because of copyright etc. But paths that were already extended to highways are much better to use than going offroad... (I hope my example isn't too odd..)

Evence

Ghoul
Backer
Jan 4, 2013
Santa Cruz, California
Maybe there's a reason why you can find orcs, sceletons etc. in so many games/books/movies...
Of course it kinda gets boring when everybody does the same. That isn't even possible, WftO can't be DK3 because of copyright etc. But paths that were already extended to highways are much better to use than going offroad... (I hope my example isn't too odd..)
Sometimes its better to go off road and see the sights then to stick to the highways we all know ;)

kudos

Cultist
Mar 21, 2013
I thought the point of Dungeon Keeper was that it was meant to have cliche creatures in it so you'd identify with it being the type of place you'd raided time and time again with your cliche warrior, wizard, cleric and rogue heroes.

Evence

Ghoul
Backer
Jan 4, 2013
Santa Cruz, California
I thought the point of Dungeon Keeper was that it was meant to have cliche creatures in it so you'd identify with it being the type of place you'd raided time and time again with your cliche warrior, wizard, cleric and rogue heroes.
maybe ;p but this isnt dungeon keeper, I'm just saying Enjoy the creativity the devs are putting into the characters.

Tommonius

Necromancer
Backer
Dec 15, 2012
Wolverhampton
maybe ;p but this isnt dungeon keeper, I'm just saying Enjoy the creativity the devs are putting into the characters.
I agree fully with this but when having this discussion a few people said if they gave random names to something that say is obviously a priest or Wizard then they would find it annoying, I guess the devs are taking the middle ground with some unique creatures and a few old regulars.

Evence

Ghoul
Backer
Jan 4, 2013
Santa Cruz, California
I agree fully with this but when having this discussion a few people said if they gave random names to something that say is obviously a priest or Wizard then they would find it annoying, I guess the devs are taking the middle ground with some unique creatures and a few old regulars.
i just like that they are using a different name from the same old, for stuff that is basically the same thing.
i mostly just want the creatures to be unique, which they are! which seems to be making people unhappy for some reason lol, Dark gods forbid they be creative! haha

Tommonius

Necromancer
Backer
Dec 15, 2012
Wolverhampton
i just like that they are using a different name from the same old, for stuff that is basically the same thing.
i mostly just want the creatures to be unique, which they are! which seems to be making people unhappy for some reason lol, Dark gods forbid they be creative! haha
yea I know, I made a thrad about potential renaming standard fantasy creatures into newer names, a couple liked it and offered suggestions to say rename the priestess and Inquisitor but others not so much. But hey I respect their oppinion and all but the Devs have got to tow the line carefully to not alienate people, so middle road it is.

Jan 2, 2013
-
delay: all fine it is rdy when its rdy ^^

necro: don't like his face/mask, he looks too cartoonish :)
abilities cool.
hope all is able to be auto casted, last hting i want is yet another micro heavy game :/

Castigator

Gargoyle
Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Germany
I have one issue left. Our necromancer has a great and original skillset, that heavily relies on ghouls, but what if I want to pick him up? Will he summon his ghouls, when I drop him somwhere at the other side of the map? Will they follow him, or do I have to pick them up too? I don't want to drop my necromancer into battle, when he's not ready to fight, because he has no ghouls.

Simburgur

Managing Director
Dev Team
Nov 10, 2011
Brighton, UK
www.twitter.com
I have one issue left. Our necromancer has a great and original skillset, that heavily relies on ghouls, but what if I want to pick him up? Will he summon his ghouls, when I drop him somwhere at the other side of the map? Will they follow him, or do I have to pick them up too? I don't want to drop my necromancer into battle, when he's not ready to fight, because he has no ghouls.
This is by design.

Firstly, you aren't meant to be dropping tons of units into battle. Secondly, it's one of the trade-offs for how powerful this unit can get.

Tommonius

Necromancer
Backer
Dec 15, 2012
Wolverhampton
This is by design.

Firstly, you aren't meant to be dropping tons of units into battle. Secondly, it's one of the trade-offs for how powerful this unit can get.
Okay going to need some clarity here as I am a bit confused.

Well I know hot dropping is off the table so you cannot rescue all your strong and injured minions but not dropping units into battle like when your dungeon is breeched seems strange, are you meant to use call to arms mostly or have I misunderstood the point?

Also can you not just pick the ghouls up also or if not then do they mindlessly wander around or slowly walk towards the Necromancers location?

Top Bottom