• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WFTO Wednesday #18: The Vein of Sloth

Tommonius

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 15, 2012
Wolverhampton
Okay this was the best update in a LONG time and that takes a lot of effort! We got so much information my tail is wagging :cool:

So many interesting tidbits including the names of the upgraded Cultists, a frost elemental minion (does it come through portal is it trap bound?) and I love the illusion door as it is so damn good for trolling purposes and the Shockwave has so many potential tactical purposes from forcing the enemy into a trap area to delaying them that I salute your collective creativity.

Cannot wait until we see the next 2 veins of evil, was much better and more info filled than I expected and got a real sense the game is coming together now, pat yourselves on the backs... and pray you do not feel a knife stuck there... because I am evil..

ChicaChica

Blood Imp
WFTO Backer
Apr 10, 2013
Well i've got a problem now... I entered what i thought was my kickstarter email, tried to confirm it, it failed. Then i realized what my email for it actually was, now I go to the contact settings page and I can't see the setting, let alone change it :-(

Noontide

Designer / Community Manager
Brightrock Games
Dec 8, 2012
Brighton, UK
a frost elemental minion (does it come through portal is it trap bound?)
Alright so there are no creatures in the veins of evil, the Glacial Rift which spawns the frost elemental is the polar (HO HO HO) opposite of the Ember Rift, which makes it the antithesis of the Ember Demon. It is spawned and managed in the same way.

Enjou

Ember Demon
WFTO Backer
Jan 10, 2012
Awesome update. Awesome tidbits of information...

1. The Nameless One - apparently the Dark God worshiped by Cultists? The only Dark God? Who knows!
2. Rooms must be upgraded to get certain functions.
3. Potions! A new mechanic.
4. Sloth has the Frost Weaver and the Ice Age ritual. Seems that frost is the element of Sloth, so presumably Wrath has more fire stuff than just Ember Demons. Will Greed have a lightning element?
5. High level Cultist transformations named - Archon, Reaper, Eternal. I'm guessing that the Reaper is the one for Wrath.
6. Guard room equivalent actually useful, attracts a minion you actually would really want to have!
7. NOT ALL STUFF REVEALED!

Alistair

Captain Graze Box
WFTO Founder
Dec 11, 2011
UK
Well i've got a problem now... I entered what i thought was my kickstarter email, tried to confirm it, it failed. Then i realized what my email for it actually was, now I go to the contact settings page and I can't see the setting, let alone change it :-(
I have manually upgraded you ChicaChica - Sorry for the problems!

Amon

Huntress
Apr 14, 2012
Somewhere
subterraneangames.com
Great news update, you guys are really making the wait for the BETA harder but it'll be worth it ;)
It was worth waiting for it when we thought it would just be the bare minimum. Now, I am beginning to get jittery. You ever seen a really fat guy with the jitters? Not as funny as it sounds.

Edit: @ Dev Team - Will the 'Replacement Wall' contribute toward Wall Furniture?
What I mean is, Wall Furniture needs an unbroken bit of wall that is about 3 tiles long, right? So if you have that, but the middle tile gets dug out, then replaced by a 'Replacement Wall', will the Wall Furniture still show up?

Tommonius

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 15, 2012
Wolverhampton
Alright so there are no creatures in the veins of evil, the Glacial Rift which spawns the frost elemental is the polar (HO HO HO) opposite of the Ember Rift, which makes it the antithesis of the Ember Demon. It is spawned and managed in the same way.
Ah I see what you did there o_O

Shame about no creatures being in Veins of evil itself but am I right in thinking the core rooms are vein specific along with the creatures it attracts (like the Augres were mentioned here for the foundry a Sloth core room) or can you say unlock the Augre in other veins?

The Frost elemental does sound interesting, despite it being brought to be through a rift does it level like a true minion when fighting or not (forgive me if this has been addressed, need to go sleepy now)

Top Bottom