• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WFTO Wednesday #18: The Vein of Sloth

Simburgur

Managing Director
Brightrock Games
Nov 10, 2011
Brighton, UK
www.twitter.com
It was worth waiting for it when we thought it would just be the bare minimum. Now, I am beginning to get jittery. You ever seen a really fat guy with the jitters? Not as funny as it sounds.

Edit: @ Dev Team - Will the 'Replacement Wall' contribute toward Wall Furniture?
What I mean is, Wall Furniture needs an unbroken bit of wall that is about 3 tiles long, right? So if you have that, but the middle tile gets dug out, then replaced by a 'Replacement Wall', will the Wall Furniture still show up?
Replacement wall will act as normal fortified earth, so yes.

Ah I see what you did there o_O

Shame about no creatures being in Veins of evil itself but am I right in thinking the core rooms are vein specific along with the creatures it attracts (like the Augres were mentioned here for the foundry a Sloth core room) or can you say unlock the Augre in other veins?

The Frost elemental does sound interesting, despite it being brought to be through a rift does it level like a true minion when fighting or not (forgive me if this has been addressed, need to go sleepy now)
Veins are not mutually exclusive (as in, you can and should invest in more than one - this will be expanded upon in the next two updates), but Aspects are only present in the veins once each. Units are tied to the rooms you build, and they are all carefully placed so you gain units that directly suit the strategy you are going for with the rooms you unlock.

Frost Weavers and Ember Demons do not level up.

mishko

Witch Doctor
WFTO Founder
Feb 27, 2012
Michigan
Awesome update. Awesome tidbits of information...

1. The Nameless One - apparently the Dark God worshiped by Cultists? The only Dark God? Who knows!
2. Rooms must be upgraded to get certain functions.
3. Potions! A new mechanic.
4. Sloth has the Frost Weaver and the Ice Age ritual. Seems that frost is the element of Sloth, so presumably Wrath has more fire stuff than just Ember Demons. Will Greed have a lightning element?
5. High level Cultist transformations named - Archon, Reaper, Eternal. I'm guessing that the Reaper is the one for Wrath.
6. Guard room equivalent actually useful, attracts a minion you actually would really want to have!
7. NOT ALL STUFF REVEALED!
Oh I'm hoping greed is lightning

Noontide

Designer / Community Manager
Brightrock Games
Dec 8, 2012
Brighton, UK
Shame about no creatures being in Veins of evil itself but am I right in thinking the core rooms are vein specific along with the creatures it attracts (like the Augres were mentioned here for the foundry a Sloth core room) or can you say unlock the Augre in other veins?
Creatures are attracted by rooms and rooms are unlocked in the veins of evil so yes there are creatures with natural relationships with specific veins, as you have pointed out the Augre is attracted by the Foundry, a sloth room. There are some units attracted by one room or another, for example the cultist can be attracted by the Archive or a Sanctuary among other requirements.

mishko

Witch Doctor
WFTO Founder
Feb 27, 2012
Michigan
Replacement wall will act as normal fortified earth, so yes.

Veins are not mutually exclusive (as in, you can and should invest in more than one - this will be expanded upon in the next two updates), but Aspects are only present in the veins once each. Units are tied to the rooms you build, and they are all carefully placed so you gain units that directly suit the strategy you are going for with the rooms you unlock.

Frost Weavers and Ember Demons do not level up.
If they dont level up then how strong are they?

Amon

Huntress
Apr 14, 2012
Somewhere
subterraneangames.com
Oh I'm hoping greed is lightning
Now that I think of it, that would make sense. After all, Fire, Ice and Lightning are the usual Elemental Trinity. Plus, I can kinda imagine this tiny little man rubbing coins together, then throwing them at the enemy as static electricity bombs.

@ Dev Team. Again. Sorry: Will there be 'in-between' unlocks - ones that require things to be unlocked in two veins to be unlockable - like the 'Refinery' idea I posted here, which would require the Treasury and Foundry?

Simburgur

Managing Director
Brightrock Games
Nov 10, 2011
Brighton, UK
www.twitter.com
If they dont level up then how strong are they?
The answer to that is extremely relative and isn't actually an answer until we start testing these things ;)

Now that I think of it, that would make sense. After all, Fire, Ice and Lightning are the usual Elemental Trinity. Plus, I can kinda imagine this tiny little man rubbing coins together, then throwing them at the enemy as static electricity bombs.

@ Dev Team. Again. Sorry: Will there be 'in-between' unlocks - ones that require things to be unlocked in two veins to be unlockable - like the 'Refinery' idea I posted here, which would require the Treasury and Foundry?
I couldn't possibly comment.

Enjou

Ember Demon
WFTO Backer
Jan 10, 2012
Creatures are attracted by rooms and rooms are unlocked in the veins of evil so yes there are creatures with natural relationships with specific veins, as you have pointed out the Augre is attracted by the Foundry, a sloth room. There are some units attracted by one room or another, for example the cultist can be attracted by the Archive or a Sanctuary among other requirements.
1. The Augre is attracted by the Garrison, not the Foundry. They work in the Foundry too, but you need a Garrison.
2. It does not say Cultists are attracted by the Sanctuary, only that they use it. Is this simply an accidental omission, or an assumption on your part?

Noontide

Designer / Community Manager
Brightrock Games
Dec 8, 2012
Brighton, UK
1. The Augre is attracted by the Garrison, not the Foundry. They work in the Foundry too, but you need a Garrison.
My apologies I was still working off the old redacted info (I hadn't actually read what was included in the update), the Foundry is still a requirement to attract the Augre though it is not the highest tier room you need :p

Simburgur

Managing Director
Brightrock Games
Nov 10, 2011
Brighton, UK
www.twitter.com
So... Does that mean we need bot to attract them, or that we can have one or the other and they will start showing up?
Just one. Working in the Sanctuary will also remove their need to sleep or eat (meaning they can swap between both of these jobs without ever needing to stop once you have both rooms).

Top Bottom