• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WFTO Wednesday #21: The Vein of Greed

theMarg0r

Dryad
WFTO Backer
Dec 28, 2012
Under a killing Spoon
Mixed veins! Bloody brilliant, just what I needed. :D And the Torture Chamber is a go, excellent.

Also, Spirit Chamber? Do I understand correctly that it is a room that transfers experience from those poor sods entombed in the Crypt to the living, or maybe even works without the Crypt?

THAT'S GENIUS, some faith in humanity restored. :p

Enjou

Ember Demon
WFTO Backer
Jan 10, 2012
Wow, early update today. The mixed aspects were not expected, but are a welcome surprise. I'll need to mull on all this for a while as I just woke up.

Also, Spirit Chamber? Do I understand correctly that it is a room that transfers experience from those poor sods entombed in the Crypt to the living, or maybe even works without the Crypt?

THAT'S GENIUS, some faith in humanity restored. :p
It certainly does fit with Greed, doesn't it? I mean seriously, stealing someone else's experience? That is greedy.

Jan 3, 2013
Ok, now its Greed + Sloth or Wrath, because not investing into Greed will bite your back very quickly. Too good to ignore.

Mozared

Juggernaut
WFTO Founder
Feb 17, 2013
Ok, now its Greed + Sloth or Wrath, because not investing into Greed will bite your back very quickly. Too good to ignore.
This is true for all veins to an extent, though. You'll want beasts to do some actual damage, and you need to go into Sloth to get access to Rituals (let alone traps). The only thing I think might be hard to be a feasible combination is a Wrath/Sloth opening, though you can probably make even that work with offensive trapping and offensive Rituals.

Jan 3, 2013
This is true for all veins to an extent, though. You'll want beasts to do some actual damage, and you need to go into Sloth to get access to Rituals (let alone traps). The only thing I think might be hard to be a feasible combination is a Wrath/Sloth opening, though you can probably make even that work with offensive trapping and offensive Rituals.
You need to invest into Greed in order to expand properly. Additionally, middle Vein skills also make Greed more attractive than other veins, let alone Greed's juicy Set.

Mozared

Juggernaut
WFTO Founder
Feb 17, 2013
Yes, but on the flipside, speccing in Wrath a lot will give you faster digging and claiming Imps. I'm guessing it'll still be very much worthwhile to at least pick up Summon Worker, but I think not going into Greed too early can easily be worth it.

What do you mean with middle vein skills and Greed's juicy set? I don't think it's particularly more attractive than the stuff in Wrath or Sloth - only in the long run, but it should work that way :p

Jan 3, 2013
Yes, but on the flipside, speccing in Wrath a lot will give you faster digging and claiming Imps. I'm guessing it'll still be very much worthwhile to at least pick up Summon Worker, but I think not going into Greed too early can easily be worth it.

What do you mean with middle vein skills and Greed's juicy set? I don't think it's particularly more attractive than the stuff in Wrath or Sloth - only in the long run, but it should work that way :p
Exclusive skills for Sloth + Greed and Wrath + Greed. One of these has the Stone Bridge - something you may need to get, if there are islands or isolated areas.

Greed's Set also grants you constant gold flux, potions for your creature and crypt, allowing you build an army of ghouls. Something both Veins would synergize with very well.

Enjou

Ember Demon
WFTO Backer
Jan 10, 2012
You need to invest into Greed in order to expand properly. Additionally, middle Vein skills also make Greed more attractive than other veins, let alone Greed's juicy Set.
Keep in mind that someone investing highly in Sloth won't need to expand very far - that kind of player will often turtle.

Jan 7, 2012
These are very nice revealings(espeacially the mixed veins), but why do sloth imps get higher damage and wrath imps more health, itseems like it should be the other way around, or were there balancing issues?
There will be gnarlings in the market, but whats happen if the room gets attacked? Will the gnarling traders be recruited from your own units, or neutrals who will fight for themselves if their room fills up with enemys?
I hope that witchdoctors, crackpots and necromacers wont look too equal, the necromancer looks already a bit like a witchdoctor.

theMarg0r

Dryad
WFTO Backer
Dec 28, 2012
Under a killing Spoon
There won't "be gnarlings" in the market. Your gnarlings are gonna have to go and work there. :p

I'm assuming the witch doctors are gonna have a big-ass mask to clearly distinguish them from all other monsters, and the crackpots are gonna have, like, goggles and disheveled hair, mad scientist look.

Jari Nierop

Warden
WFTO Backer
Dec 31, 2012
The Netherlands
Now that all the 3 veins are mostly revealed I will get a hard time with choosing aspects and veins. I think all 3 veins are equally awesome and that makes it so hard on me. I will have to try them all out and all combinations before I will be able to find a vein/combination which suits me the best.

Top Bottom