• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WFTO Wednesday #21: The Vein of Greed

Mozared

Juggernaut
Founder
Feb 17, 2013
No we shall wage a theory war ok so what if my bafus+cultist mix in a chunder or 2 assuming its early in the sloth tree i would win.
If you want Bafu's, Cultists and Chunders you're going into the Wrath tree, the Greed tree AND the Sloth tree. By the time you get an army like that a Sloth player will have Augres.

May 29, 2013
If you want Bafu's, Cultists and Chunders you're going into the Wrath tree, the Greed tree AND the Sloth tree. By the time you get an army like that a Sloth player will have Augres.
yes but i will have a stun dps debuff army and i will go greed first for archives.

Jan 3, 2013
Maybe this has already been highlighted but with regards to the Treasury. Will it have more purpose than DKII?
Even in DK2 treasury was quite important ( in DK1 it was even vitally important, without a single tile of it you can aswell say game over ) because some rooms cost more than 16k gold. If price of the rooms will change and grow higher, Treasury will also be important if you want to build the room, train your creatures and pay them money without crawling for gold every 2 minutes.

May 29, 2013
Even in DK2 treasury was quite important ( in DK1 it was even vitally important, without a single tile of it you can aswell say game over ) because some rooms cost more than 16k gold. If price of the rooms will change and grow higher, Treasury will also be important if you want to build the room, train your creatures and pay them money without crawling for gold every 2 minutes.
The lair was more important

Jun 28, 2012
Now, something interesting I noted in the update that I am unsure if was just James or not was in the Stone Bridge line. He talks of chasms. Are there going to be areas that are simply bottomless pits that can be bridged over? If so, this sounds like a great new gameplay elements that Im excited to see. If not, it definitely should be considered adding in.

Eogcloud

Dwarven Worker
May 29, 2013
Ireland
But you must admit, actually having chasms would pretty cool element right? It would add some realism to the maps and could stop the maps always being perfect squares like they were in DK
I agree, though depending on previous design choices made on the assumption of the CURRENT way maps are and are made, this could be very tricky to implement and do well.

Top Bottom