• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WFTO Wednesday #24: The Templar & The Priestess

Tommonius

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 15, 2012
Wolverhampton

Awesome, i always wondered if empire troops would dig through gold or not but fortifying gold also works, good to know.

also:
Two things:

1. Kira isn't the god of the Church as far as we know. The Church worships "The Goddess". From what we've seen Kira the Pure was a hero that defeated some great evil long ago, presumably an Underlord of some power (perhaps even the first Underlord), and the Church was founded based on her example. I would guess that Kira is kind of like a Saint in Catholicism, whereby people can pray through her to access the Goddess's powers.
2. "Kira" is not really Japanese for killer, and yes I watched Death Note. "Kira" in that context is just saying the word "killer", but in Japanese as in many Asian languages the characters and pronunciations for R and L are the same, so really "kira" is just a mispronunciation of "killer". Just a fun fact for ya.
missed your post, this is some good info thanks.

The Templar has armor on his chest - he has full body chainmail. In medieval army terms this is actually quite good equipment considering this is one of the most common units we'll be seeing. Most footsoldiers in medieval armies didn't have armor of any kind, as they were peasants and commoners. Armor was expensive, so mainly only knights and wealthy people had any. The fact that any male, regardless of their birth, can train to become a Templar and get armor shows that the Empire/Church is willing to invest in those that have "the light" and are trained to use it.

This probably also answers your question in regards to those not blessed with "the light". The Empire wouldn't be willing to invest in providing expensive equipment to everyone who trains to be a Templar - those who are found to not have "the light" are not likely worth investing in further. Even if they are trained soldiers at that point, without "the light" and proper equipment sending them into a dungeon is sending them to a sure death and possibly worse. Considering that Underlords have various uses for corpses, such as raising them as undead Ghouls, sending anything but elite forces into a dungeon is probably just going to result in a greater threat. As such, it's likely only elites are sent down to deal with the threat... and if they fail the only remaining resistance on the surface is going to be poorly armed militiamen with no holy defenses against the forces of darkness.
This actually makes a great deal of sense by sending elite forces so not to act as resource fodder for the Underlords and fits my theory that Templars as weak creatures are relative to the vast streength of other empire and the Underlord units.

I wonder if ordinary people would be trained into a militia to defend towns in case of a surface raid though.

Jan 3, 2013
So should the game be a actual game on sometime in july or august
If you mean a finished game then no. That release date was abandoned long ago. If you mean a much more complete and actually playable game then I'd assume so.
The question is, when will they reach the state where they will be releasing Steam update on weekly basis, because a patch per month like now makes the actual progress look rather slow, despite concept of future content is normally displayed every week.

RyanAvx

Disciple
Nov 6, 2012
HIS HOLDENG THE SHILD RONG TFW GUYZ :grumpy:

Translation : I am rather pleased with these characters but I couldn't help but notice, quite disgruntifully, that the Templar character is holding his shield in the 'backwards spiral' position, which is widely accepted for it's complete lack of practicallity and scorned with scoffs and glee at each novice knight who doth appear using said 'backwards spiral' technique.

I hereby request that you change the position of the shield to the 'frontal summersault' position, where it is held with the three pronged pointy end facing the air and the one pronged pointy end facing the bottom. This 'frontal summersault' is known for it's superior control and defensive capabilities. It is regarded as 'The Beatles' of shield techniques.

Here here, jolly forth and what not.
Tally Ho
Ryan

HIS HOLDENG THE SHILD RONG TFW GUYZ :mad:

Translation : I am rather pleased with these characters but I couldn't help but notice, quite disgruntifully, that the Templar character is holding his shield in the 'backwards spiral' position, which is widely accepted for it's complete lack of practicallity and scorned with scoffs and glee at each novice knight who doth appear using said 'backwards spiral' technique.

I hereby request that you change the position of the shield to the 'frontal summersault' position, where it is held with the three pronged pointy end facing the air and the one pronged pointy end facing the bottom. This 'frontal summersault' is known for it's superior control and defensive capabilities. It is regarded as 'The Beatles' of shield techniques.

Here here, jolly forth and what not.
Tally Ho
Ryan
He's from Australia.

Tommonius

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 15, 2012
Wolverhampton
this slightly off topc but will templars have the same facial features as the next guy or will they look a little diverse with ay a random feature generator or will hey just have say a ful concealing helmest so they wil no look like a clone army?

That said an elite empire clone ary COULD indeed have its place in WTFO...

Underlord Vulukai

Witch Doctor
WFTO Backer
Mar 11, 2013
The Void
www.youtube.com
this slightly off topc but will templars have the same facial features as the next guy or will they look a little diverse with ay a random feature generator or will hey just have say a ful concealing helmest so they wil no look like a clone army?

That said an elite empire clone ary COULD indeed have its place in WTFO...
i think randomizers on all the units would be neat to a certain extent, but thats certainly a question of whether or not the resources can be made with the current time tables set into place.

Mozared

Juggernaut
WFTO Founder
Feb 17, 2013
i think randomizers on all the units would be neat to a certain extent, but thats certainly a question of whether or not the resources can be made with the current time tables set into place.
While this was originally a big concern of us as well, it's looking pretty good on that front right now. That's as much as I can say on that subject, though.

toffeejay

Crackpot
WFTO Founder
Dec 25, 2011
While this was originally a big concern of us as well, it's looking pretty good on that front right now. That's as much as I can say on that subject, though.
Certainly be something I'd like to see (even if it was just 2-4 slightly different face designs per creature).
Though with the likes of the Templar or Gnarling just different helm designs would surfice.
Others might even look better all exactly the same... The Occulus and Gargoyle. Blood Imps maybe?
Oh and all Cultists must have that same glum face

Top Bottom