• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WFTO Wednesday #30: *22.2

Tommonius

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 15, 2012
Wolverhampton
awesome news then, knowing we are getting a major update in content soon and I cannot wait to see what new toys you have given us.

Fron the sound of the Bafu, it is a long range creature considering it fights with its spines, does it shoot them 40k Tyranid style or am I wrong and it is a heavy assault unit?

Always nice to hear we get some new maps, that bit about satisfying the minions needs or killing off the other Underlord, say for example we destroy the dungeon but some minions stay alive, would they walk to the portal and disappear / remain the same level and possibly be recruited through portal or surrender/fall down and be captured as spoils of war?

Also sort of curious how terrain will work, will we maybe see some neutral creatures that varies by terrain or the terrain have effects on battle like buffs/debuffs for those in the area and I wonder if Vampires can cross water or are limiited to bridges.

maestraleathers

Dwarven Worker
WFTO Backer
May 27, 2013
Not to be a buzzkill, but I'd be much more excited about all the update emails I'm receiving if I could play the beta. Any idea when the mac version will be available?

(I got a sooner-rather-than-later at the end of May, and a Linux version was released just after that.)

Huntress
WFTO Founder
Apr 20, 2012
Worthing, West Sussex
Much obliged. So it does fire at long range, Interesting.
Yes, also Bafu spines are physical projectiles, so can be dodged quite easily, but that also means, logically, they are more likely to hit at closer range, and are also probably more likely to hit any creatures going straight for the Bafus. So the type of attack it has has strengths and weaknesses.

Tommonius

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 15, 2012
Wolverhampton
Yes, also Bafu spines are physical projectiles, so can be dodged quite easily, but that also means, logically, they are more likely to hit at closer range, and are also probably more likely to hit any creatures going straight for the Bafus. So the type of attack it has has strengths and weaknesses.

Okay that's cool to know, in theory if two dungeon forces are slugging it out in a fight in a narrow corridor, would a Bafu firing it's tail spine and say for arguments sake miss the enemy in front would hit those behind it?

Basically is the attack animated to fire and calulate hit or miss or does it travel in a line until it hits or misses/falls to the ground.

Because bat snipers sounds awesome ;)

Tommonius

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 15, 2012
Wolverhampton
Awesome...
So (other than the 'official' Patch announcement), what do we think the next WftO Wednesday will be about :D

Vampires! Wish it enough and it may happen, like saying we don't believe in faeries and half the forces invading your dungeon just drop dead, and all the little children cheer with joy...

Well I think I got the jist of the story correct *scratches head*

Noontide

Designer / Community Manager
Brightrock Games
Dec 8, 2012
Brighton, UK
Basically is the attack animated to fire and calulate hit or miss or does it travel in a line until it hits or misses/falls to the ground.

Because bat snipers sounds awesome ;)
There are no on attack hit calculations, some creatures like the Bafu have physics based projectiles which will travel a distance and hit whatever they hit, they're the only things that can potentially miss. So the second one.

Tommonius

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 15, 2012
Wolverhampton
There are no on attack hit calculations, some creatures like the Bafu have physics based projectiles which will travel a distance and hit whatever they hit, they're the only things that can potentially miss. So the second one.

sweeeeeet, and there is the answer to my way off topic question, cheers.

Top Bottom