• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Notice the new look? We've updated to a new version of Xenforo, please read our latest post.

WFTO Wednesday #31: The Skarg

May 29, 2013
▒▒▒▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ it could be better idk
▒▒█▒░░░░▄▄▄▄▀░░▒▀▀▄▄▄▒▒▒█
▒█▒░░░░░▄▀▀▄▄░░░▒▄▄▄▒▒▒▒█
█▒▀▄▄▒░░██▄▄▄█░░▒██▄▄█▒▒▒▒█
█▒▒░▄▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░▒▒█▒▒▒▒▒▒█
█▒░░█▄▄░░░░█▀░░░░▀▄▒▒▄▀▀▀▄█
█▒░░▀█▄█▀▀▄░▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒█▒▒█
▒█▒░░░▀█▄▄█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀█▀██▒▒█
▒▒█▒░░░░▀██▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄██▒▒▒█▄
▒▒▒█▒░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀

May 24, 2013
How difficult would it be to add an arch to the bridges? Maybe after a certain length it arches. I know some other dungeon management games didn't do this, but I think it would look nice.

Kormai

Priestess
Jul 29, 2013
How difficult would it be to add an arch to the bridges? Maybe after a certain length it arches. I know some other dungeon management games didn't do this, but I think it would look nice.
Think it would be quite hard, your counting that a bridge is 1 wide. But what if they fill a whole square with bridge tiles? Like 1 than 3 than 4 than 2 and than 5 squares width. See the complication and yes i have done such things before in dk 1 and 2.

May 24, 2013
Think it would be quite hard, your counting that a bridge is 1 wide. But what if they fill a whole square with bridge tiles? Like 1 than 3 than 4 than 2 and than 5 squares width. See the complication and yes i have done such things before in dk 1 and 2.

It would have to dynamically change based on the bridge tiles. If one tile causes the bride not to arch, because of placement, then all tiles become flat. But if you have a nice 1-4 tile width rectangle across water, it should arch. Add one off of that arch and it just flattens the whole thing and you lost the arch.

Kormai

Priestess
Jul 29, 2013
It would have to dynamically change based on the bridge tiles. If one tile causes the bride not to arch, because of placement, then all tiles become flat. But if you have a nice 1-4 tile width rectangle across water, it should arch. Add one off of that arch and it just flattens the whole thing and you lost the arch.
Sounds to me like a big chance for bugs. And even if they do this according to your logic i get an arc when my bridge is for exampe 2 wide. But how will my creatures be able to get on the bridge (and off)?

Kormai

Priestess
Jul 29, 2013
And cuddles please dont get me wrong, would be nice if they could implement it but i'm worried it would bring alot of work for them (and potential bugs) whyle they still have so much to do

Tikuto

Bloodling
Aug 22, 2013
United Kingdom
May I suggest a new type of Active-Passive ability named 'Trigger'?

Lunge ability rethink:
  • (Passive) automatically Lunges when another nearby Skarg lunges.
  • (Passive) automatically Lunges after ranged hit threshold has reached.
  • (Active) manually order unit to Lunge.
  • Lunge activation type, both Passive and Active known as (Trigger).
    e.g. Lunge (Trigger)

• Introduction of Passive-Active types: "Trigger"
    for other units, too!

Whole reason: Less buttons to press = less miss-clicks, less micro-managing; more fun.

Last edited:
May 22, 2013
Netherlands
May I suggest a new type of Active-Passive ability named 'Trigger'?

Lunge ability rethink:
  • (Passive) automatically Lunges when another nearby Skarg lunges.
  • (Passive) automatically Lunges after ranged hit threshold has reached.
  • (Active) manually order unit to Lunge.
  • Lunge activation type, both Passive and Active known as (Trigger).
    e.g. Lunge (Trigger)

• Introduction of Passive-Active types: "Trigger"
    for other units, too!

Whole reason: Less buttons to press = less miss-clicks, less micro-managing; more fun.
I think the creatures "decide" themselves when they use their abilities
Also having jumps on all attacks seems a bit op

Top Bottom