• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Notice the new look? We've updated to a new version of Xenforo, please read our latest post.

WFTO Wednesday #34: A Whole New Underworld!

Badwolf699

Juggernaut
Founder
Dec 18, 2011
The sound FX are back? great!
Lightening sounds powerful I hope it will have that classic sound from DK1 which like what most mainstream media uses anyway.

Badwolf699

Juggernaut
Founder
Dec 18, 2011
I don't hear any ingame sounds :(
Have the new things been implemented yet?

Last edited:

Castigator

Gargoyle
Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Germany
The eyecandy. This visual update makes me radiate in anticipation of what is yet to come. The lightning spell looks powerful and dangerous, I just need to figure out how much 100 HP are. The world seems to contain more graphical effects, so I hope the memory problems have beed fixed.
I remember, that there has been the announcement, that after the memory and engine issues would be fixed, new content would be added at a more regular pace. Is this the update, that has fixed the issue?
If so, I hope, that the developement will go a lot smoother from now on.

Jan 3, 2013
Almost missed again.

I just keep forgetting about Wednesday updates constantly. :(

Gonna check it out, seems to be quite interesting, according the patch notes.

Kormai

Priestess
Jul 29, 2013
The eyecandy. This visual update makes me radiate in anticipation of what is yet to come. The lightning spell looks powerful and dangerous, I just need to figure out how much 100 HP are. The world seems to contain more graphical effects, so I hope the memory problems have beed fixed.
I remember, that there has been the announcement, that after the memory and engine issues would be fixed, new content would be added at a more regular pace. Is this the update, that has fixed the issue?
If so, I hope, that the developement will go a lot smoother from now on.
I checked with enemy's knights and it took me about 15 lightnings to kill one of em

Simburgur

Managing Director
Dev Team
Nov 10, 2011
Brighton, UK
www.twitter.com
Keep in mind that the balance is way off. I threw all the numbers together in about 30 minutes just for some functionality testing, but we didn't get around to actually doing some balance tests yet.

Fun fact: Units actually have all of their abilities, there's just no audio/animations/fx yet. If you press F4 to turn debug mode on and hover over them, you can see stuff like heals and damage of time taking effect.

lemon-rev

Cultist
Founder
Dec 4, 2012
I like the Game, Im not sure on how keen i am on the new level but i do like it how the imps can set off lights and highlight areas that havent been taken by anyone.

The way the map was layed out was good, There's seems to be a minor bug where minerals like gold are not showing up on some blocks untill a imp comes along and gets close enough to mine it. not sure on the fog of war i think its a little too dense but ok.

Game plays good but it does start to lock up after some time playing it and for no visual appearance that it happens to do so.

Great patch but we need another one soonish as i dont care about content as much as i care for playability :p.

anyways till next small patch thanks.

Badwolf699

Juggernaut
Founder
Dec 18, 2011
It looks much better now then it did a few hours ago.
Will rooms still have that Area of influence? Like the strobe of light which went all across the outside of the rooms.

Aldran

Bloodling
Backer
Jan 13, 2013
Keep up the good work! Although the process is overall slow, I don't want you guys to rush it. I want this beautiful game to be awesome! Especially after the announcement of the new Dungeon Keeper coming out... DAMMIT EA! Stop screwing up games... So long story short, a the moment you are the only hope of the true DK to live on into the future! :)
Also, quick question, will we have a start of the game heart animation like DK 2 had? (The one where the heart blew up the lid of the heart pedestal then appear on top of it)

And yes I only have one message posted because the way I deal with not exploding because I have to wait for the game is by completely forgetting about it... which by the way, thank you for the patch, now I cant go to sleep again due to excitement -.-

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom