• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WFTO Wednesday #43: Two Spooky Four You

vin

Bafu
WFTO Backer
Dec 24, 2012
UK
I like the idea for this room, alot cooler then a graveyard and a hell of a lot more evil. Good stuff.

Jan 7, 2012
The crypt in action looks great, its awesome that you introduce creature variety at this early point, nice to see that the game shapes itself at this speed:D
And: Wohooo nonglowing ghouls!

Tommonius

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 15, 2012
Wolverhampton
Very nice update always good to see more new content being added, I take it with the unit spawning being fixed and most units added (are most units added?) that we are moving from pre alpha to a beta stage soon or is there still so much to add to the game?

Castigator

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Germany
I like the exponential aspect of the level scaling. The growth factor of 1,2 ensures, that leveling your creatures is wothwile even at higher levels, and with a likely maximum of ten levels the function doesn't grow out of control, as a level 10 creature would be about 6,2 times as powerful as a level one creature. I have yet to test the Necromancer and his ghouls in action, does anyone know a map, that has a steady supply of heroes?
A prison would allow me to process the heroes faster, so my ghoul supply would allow for all kinds of ghoul related shenanigans.
The crypt has a nice atmosphere to it. you can't shake the feeling, that the realm of the dead is only one bus stop away, figuratively speaking.
The things I enjoy the most is, that you can pick up gold, I can hold all the money in my hand!
Edit: After some testing, the Necromancer seems to be working. I have observed teams consisting of on Necromancer and three Ghouls, and they can reliably defeat those pesky dwarves. The Juggernaut seems to smite the ghouls easily, though. The Ghouls had level 1. Will they adjust their level to the level of their Necromancer?

Last edited:

Haze

Priestess
Mar 31, 2013
Moscow, Russia
Excellent crypt design, as always for WFTO rooms. Perfect necro model.

Mmm... The jaw-equipped ghoul looks a bit too comedy-style. Maybe it was the primary intention, though.
Ghouls will definitely need some helmet + an instinct to run from Juggernaut.

Tommonius

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 15, 2012
Wolverhampton
minor thought came to me, if we click on the Ghouls can they say "Wassup?" in a gravely voice? Now I know they are controlled by the Necromancer and we cannot pick them up but every time I see the Ghouls those lovable Warcraft 3 Ghouls comes to mind. They were the work horses of the Scourge army, cutting down all the wood for me and eating all the corpses of my enemies to regain health and so on :rolleyes:

Medjay

Shadow
WFTO Backer
Aug 23, 2012
Canterbury
Hi, I have a few quick questions regarding the crypt and ghouls if I may ask:
When bodies are dragged back to the soul pyre, is it one corpse per soul pyre or do they stack onto one?
Is it one corpse per ghoul?
Its cool, but are we supposed to be able to possess ghouls?
Will ghouls become feral when the Necromancer is knocked out or dead?

Simburgur

Managing Director
Brightrock Games
Nov 10, 2011
Brighton, UK
www.twitter.com
Hi, I have a few quick questions regarding the crypt and ghouls if I may ask:
When bodies are dragged back to the soul pyre, is it one corpse per soul pyre or do they stack onto one?
Is it one corpse per ghoul?
Its cool, but are we supposed to be able to possess ghouls?
Will ghouls become feral when the Necromancer is knocked out or dead?

Yes
Probably not
KO

Hoky

Cultist
Sep 26, 2013
At first nice Update!!

its now even more fun to play!
But i have a question concerning the crypt! After some corpses were placed in the soul pyres i increased the size of the room, which rearanged the location of the pyres! After that all corpses were gone and no fires in the pyres! (rhyme) :D
Is that intentional or will that be fixed?
Also to work properly, especially when you havent the summon blood imp spell i think the corpses should last longer.
I played on my little dungeon and over half of all corpses simply vanished!

Another thing, some dead units refused to lay down, but i think thats a bug :p!

Top Bottom