• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WFTO Wednesday #46: A Roomier Dungeon

theMarg0r

Witch Doctor
WFTO Backer
Dec 28, 2012
Under a killing Spoon
Oh, excellent. Really digging the "sunk into the floor" look of the Prison. Not quite as spacious as my "room under the floor" idea, but I guess that would be confusing to look at. :p I assume that those little alcoves are where the rats spawn? Spontaneous generation of vermin from filth confirmed! :3

Enjou

Ember Demon
WFTO Backer
Jan 10, 2012
Excellent. I look forward to the wails of despair from my enemies as they rot in my prison. I look forward to them almost as much as to the wails of anguish from them as they have the privilege of being serviced in my torture chamber.

Though a livestream the day before Thanksgiving - had to have it when I'd be traveling to visit relatives, didn't you? Oh well, what else can one expect from developers as evil as these.

Evi

Shadow
WFTO Backer
Nov 14, 2011
Hm... Well, I'm sad to see the little 'mini-cells' in the walls were a no-go, otherwise...

Itsallright.

Tommonius

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 15, 2012
Wolverhampton
nice looking rooms, see you at the livestream :D

ps

will any creatures torment captured units in the prison like the spiders did, was quite funny seeing them getting spam frozen every few seconds.

Nov 13, 2013
I am very happy to see the barracks coming, I always considered it a core room to any dungeon. I like the design of the barracks being a bunch of clockwork machines and I am curious to see how many different kinds of training machines there are :). I am also a huge fan of heroes not dieing in your prison, while we can't let them rot to death anymore, the idea of them barely surviving by living off of plague-ridden rats for eternity seems to me an even more horrible fate. Overall, it feels like you can do far more horrible things to heroes than you could in previous dungeon management games.

Tommonius

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 15, 2012
Wolverhampton
Another thought just occurred to me, themes in dungeons.

Would they possibly effect the Barracks and the instruments that our minions train with? As I could totally see my minions punching a Bard tied to a pulley only to swing around once and then get hit all over again.

Just thought I would throw this idea out there ;)

Nov 13, 2013
I am pretty sure themes only affect worker, dungeon heart, and fortified walls appearance and do not have an affect on rooms, though it could be possible to mod a theme to affect rooms.

Edit: themes also affect claimed tiles. thanks Enjou :)

Last edited:

Enjou

Ember Demon
WFTO Backer
Jan 10, 2012
I am pretty sure themes only affect worker, dungeon heart, and fortified walls appearance and do not have an affect on rooms, though it could be possible to mod a theme to affect rooms.
I believe it's been said that at this time there aren't any plans to make them affect rooms. On that note, they also affect claimed ground tiles.

Tommonius

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 15, 2012
Wolverhampton
I believe it's been said that at this time there aren't any plans to make them affect rooms. On that note, they also affect claimed ground tiles.
Well phooey no Bard punching bag for me, though I can always hope... and prey desperately that modders get right on that, right guys *looks around for potential volunteers*

Nov 13, 2013
Regarding the prison, one deliciously evil thing you could do in Dungeon Keeper was to throw a chicken in the prison and watch your captured heroes/ enemy minions fight over the food. Do you think you could implant something similar to this in WFTO? I think it would be amazing if we could do this :D

theMarg0r

Witch Doctor
WFTO Backer
Dec 28, 2012
Under a killing Spoon
Regarding the prison, one deliciously evil thing you could do in Dungeon Keeper was to throw a chicken in the prison and watch your captured heroes/ enemy minions fight over the food.
You COULD? :eek: How come I never knew this? EDIT: By that I mean that I've thrown some chickens to the prisoners before, but I guess I never hung around long enough to see them fight for it. Too busy. :p

Anyway there's gonna be rats crawling around the prison for the captured creatures to feed on, but I guess they could slap each other around to get at some of them, it's not like they're gonna have much else to do anyway. Actually, if both this and creatures taunting and tormenting prisoners was implemented, there'd be quite a LOT going on around there. :D

Peetfighter

Augre
WFTO Founder
Jan 23, 2013
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Regarding the prison, one deliciously evil thing you could do in Dungeon Keeper was to throw a chicken in the prison and watch your captured heroes/ enemy minions fight over the food. Do you think you could implant something similar to this in WFTO? I think it would be amazing if we could do this :D
I didn't know this either, was it only in DK2 or both?

Top Bottom