• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WFTO Wednesday #48: The Garrison

Tommonius

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 15, 2012
Wolverhampton
Got some major nostalgia tingling looking at those maps, great work cannot wait to see them in action properly!

Also liking the Garrison and did not expect it to buff doors and traps but pleasantly surprised non the less, will it also be used to have creatures guard in it and which creatures would want to guard as default behavior?

Nice little update, cannot wait for the patch now.

Nov 13, 2013
Awesome :D I see something that looks suspiciously like a gem block on the bottom path of The Grand Chasm, I assume a placeholder until you get the design of your endless gold shrine done? I like the appearance of the garrison, though it appears rather neutral ( not obviously a room owned by evil underlords) not that that is a bad thing :)

Simburgur

Managing Director
Brightrock Games
Nov 10, 2011
Brighton, UK
www.twitter.com
Also liking the Garrison and did not expect it to buff doors and traps but pleasantly surprised non the less, will it also be used to have creatures guard in it and which creatures would want to guard as default behavior?
There will most likely be a patrol function attached to this room, the exact interaction will depend on testing though.

Awesome :D I see something that looks suspiciously like a gem block on the bottom path of The Grand Chasm, I assume a placeholder until you get the design of your endless gold shrine done?
Yup.

Underlord Vulukai

Matriarch
WFTO Backer
Mar 11, 2013
The Void
www.youtube.com
ah man, some multiplayer map teasers! (also, i will take this moment to be baffled that the word 'multiplayer' is not recognized as an actual word by Mozilla's spell check)

Any ideas on Dungeoneer being a possibility for a near future update? Fan created maps for testing purposes as well as longevity of fun would be a great addition asap. Those isometrics have me itching to build maps anew!!!

theMarg0r

Witch Doctor
WFTO Backer
Dec 28, 2012
Under a killing Spoon
Awww snap, I'm liking the look of that Gary, son. :p

Nice work on the maps, too. Sounds fun to play just from their concept. Just wouldn't wanna get Skarg rushed on mid Chasm. :p

EDIT: Oh by the way, does the perception shrine blink now when you poke it with your hand?

Sangromancer

Gargoyle
WFTO Backer
Feb 3, 2013
Innistrad
Nice work guys. The Garison looks to be a great addition to a subterranean fortress ( I love how it strengthens nearby traps and defences).
Also, I can't wait to play one of the multilayer maps

Pyle

Cultist
Dec 8, 2012
Kaunas, Kauno Apskritis, Lithuania
Maps are looking great by far! I love lava that are implemented in those maps (minimalistic, but still cool). I hope there will be entirely lava-based maps, those are freakin' fun to play. (DK II lava maps were great). Still, can't wait for the update, I'm checking forums non-stop, hoping that the update is up.

Sep 20, 2013
Parts Unknown
Hi there! I have a few questions about the multiplayer.
1. Does multiplayer allow observers? I am really fond of watching other people play. It could be handy for casters
2. Will subterranean games host tournaments and events or will the community be responsible for such events?
3. How will multiplayer be for people with strict NAT? Could they compare it to the connectivity with other multiplayer games on steam?

That is all. I thought of creating a thread, but nah I could ask you instead in this one.

Noontide

Designer / Community Manager
Brightrock Games
Dec 8, 2012
Brighton, UK
Hi there! I have a few questions about the multiplayer.
1. Does multiplayer allow observers? I am really fond of watching other people play. It could be handy for casters
2. Will subterranean games host tournaments and events or will the community be responsible for such events?
3. How will multiplayer be for people with strict NAT? Could they compare it to the connectivity with other multiplayer games on steam?

That is all. I thought of creating a thread, but nah I could ask you instead in this one.
1. Not at the moment but this feature is planned.
2. I'm sure that we'll be looking at this as we head closer to release, I'd love to see us host a tournament personally.
3. It should be comparable to most other player hosted games. As with all NAT You will need to ensure that the appropriate ports are open in your Router's configuration, as well as pointed to the right device in your network. I believe at the moment for us these ports are 27015-27016. Generally you'll never have trouble joining provided UPNP is enabled.

Noontide

Designer / Community Manager
Brightrock Games
Dec 8, 2012
Brighton, UK
I'm curious if there will be 4 players multi-player map introduced in the patch, or only 1v1 ?
Currently we only have 1v1 maps available. Higher player numbers in Multiplayer are a WIP but we're not sure whether they'll make it in for the first public multiplayer build. Definitely on the agenda though. :)

Top Bottom