• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WFTO Wednesday #49: The Shadow

Underlord Vulukai

Witch Doctor
WFTO Backer
Mar 11, 2013
The Void
www.youtube.com
I'm glad you guys like this one. He's been my favorite to design.
ive been hoping for a while for a shadow or wraith kind of creature, and im glad to see you guys design outside the traditional "shadowy humanoid figure" design that is a safe route for most games. This design is much more aspiring to an unseen nightmare in the depths, can't wait to see an in game model!

Badwolf699

Juggernaut
WFTO Founder
Dec 18, 2011
Looking good, I like the shadow very demonic :p
In multi-player in the future will you be able to choose what colour you can play as?

Jan 3, 2013
The light-blue color.... now I want to see orange, really do.

I'll try to wait patiently, though it's getting harder and harder to do so.

Nov 13, 2013
I am surprised to see this creature coming out of the beast den, didn't expect to see spiritual creatures coming out of there, but I am not complaining :). The shadow's design is very impressive, and seeing what the team has already accomplished, I have no fear that they will be able to translate the awesomeness of this design into the game model :). I love the fact that invisible creatures are coming to WFTO , an element left sadly unexplored in DK, owing to features having to be cut from the ghost and rouge and AI difficulties with the invisibility spell. I think the abilities are well designed, with a basic stun that gives him assassinating power, and a damage multiplyer that serves the dual purpose of improving his assassination potential and a way to support your army in large engagements. Can't wait for the great update coming up :)

Nov 10, 2013
Germany
This thing looks so evil and mysterious... I love it. =D
Maybe the +300% damage skill is a little OP but I think I have to look how it works ingame first.^^

Ben Chandler

Impassibly Cool
WFTO Backer
Jan 23, 2013
yep.. that's a favourite!

one question?:

am i being narrow minded to feel, that shadow beings fit better to a 'greed' style player, when an upgraded beast den would naturally suggest someone who has invested in 'wrath'?

Top Bottom