• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Notice the new look? We've updated to a new version of Xenforo, please read our latest post.

WFTO Wednesday #50: The Rampart

Nov 13, 2013
I'm glad multiplayer testing has began but I am sad I won't be able to participate yet, being a mac player :(.

In regards to the rampart, I like it since it is a very simple but effective boost for sloth players. I am curious, how will it interact with invisible traps? Will it also remain invisible until the trap activates or will we just not be able to add the rampart to stealthy traps if we want them to remain undedected?

Nov 25, 2013
Germany
What?? At this time I am not prepared to this. You are very much too early ;)
I am at work I have to lead a trainee-ship now :confused:

In other words: Thanks to the update!

Enjou

Ember Demon
Backer
Jan 10, 2012
WHAT?! WFTO Wednesday in the morning? Witchcraft! I approve wholeheartedly.

The Rampart sounds like a brilliant idea - a boost to defense survivability will encourage their use.

Nov 13, 2013
So the Rampart is like a stronger version of the Barricade?
They work a bit differently actually. The barricade is a wall that sits on its own tile, the rampart is an add-on that stick on top of a pre-existing trap to boost its armor and/or health. So you can use it to make tougher ballista traps and extra tough barricades :).

Badwolf699

Juggernaut
Founder
Dec 18, 2011
Imagine a Hero Fortress covered in Ramparts that will be one tough level, but knowing human error they'll be a back door in ;)

Tommonius

Necromancer
Backer
Dec 15, 2012
Wolverhampton
wait I get back from work experience and I have this waiting for me? thankyou so much!

Also I never considered defense for our traps but considering they cannot level then ways to make them more durable and lethal is a great idea and props to the devs for thinking of it.

One gripe I had with dungeon keeper was I felt the traps were to weak, the poison gas sucked and my tanky creatures could walk over the traps and survive until the traps ran out of charges, hoping we have to more creative in WTFO.

Top Bottom