• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WFTO Wednesday #52: Super Units

Ben Chandler

Impassibly Cool
WFTO Backer
Jan 23, 2013
i love the sound of the behemoth. with the archon, is the buff to allies' stats supposed to be from the spirits boosting them or something? cos that's the only thing that jarred with me a bit

Dec 23, 2012
"Just kidding." Lol! I could just imagine the violent uproar if that were actually the case :) These look cool tho. I especially like the look of the Behemoth. It harks back to Horny a little bit, but stripped of the cartoony aspect and given an altogether more nightmarish one.

Keep up the fine work, folks.

Oct 17, 2013
I've loved everything you guys have done so far (except the look of the Chunder).
However, I'm sad to say that these super units do not inspire awe. They look rather plain. Especially the Eternal one. Design wise, I think they're great, but visually they're not up to par to other creations such as the succubus, augre, imp, shadow, cultist etc.
Also, I think that a combination of creatures should be used to summon these super units.
the behemoth would require an augre, a succubus and a bafu
the eternal would require a chunder, a gargoyle and a beastmaster?
the archon would require a cultist, witch doctor and necromancer.

Badwolf699

Juggernaut
WFTO Founder
Dec 18, 2011
Times gone so fast!
Looking at the statatistics on the forum I was thinking most of the liked posts were made by Onion Lord (now Amon) a.k.a Onion Lad! I miss him... where is he these days?
Anyway the super units sounds good I imagine they're like the proposed Super heavy Tanks of WW2.

Nov 13, 2013
Wow, these super units look awesome. While their abilities aren't that flashy, I'm sure they will make up for it with raw power. My personal favorite is the archon.
i love the sound of the behemoth. with the archon, is the buff to allies' stats supposed to be from the spirits boosting them or something? cos that's the only thing that jarred with me a bit
My thought is that since the archons are basically cultists turned gods, that they are such extremely powerful magi that the very air about them oozes with black magic. This dark energy can them be absorbed by evil creatures(aka your minions) souls to boost their power.

Enjou

Ember Demon
WFTO Backer
Jan 10, 2012
These units are fantastic! The mighty Behemoth is the ultimate attacker, crashing through defenses and striking terror into the hearts of our enemies. The steadfast Eternal turns a dangerous meat grinder of a Dungeon armed to the teeth with traps into an unassailable fortress no force could hope to take. The avaricious Archon serves to make an already terrifying army of Underworld denizens into a force that is hopelessly unstoppable. And we can only choose one? TORTURE! Yet no matter the choice I can see them all being great leaders for our minions, and woe upon any enemy Underlords who haven't summoned their own.

The only feedback I'd give in the design department is to make the Behemoth more red and a little angrier looking to reflect him being the Wrath unit. (this would also make him a better homage to a certain angry red bastard we're all familiar with) The other two reflect their Veins perfectly IMO.

toffeejay

Crackpot
WFTO Founder
Dec 25, 2011
the eternal could looks something like this instead.
As much as i like Anubis, I believe the Dungeon Keeper Online had concept art of something similar. On the topic of DKO, is it even getting made? Announced in 2008, I know it will be shit but it doesn't take that long to make does it?

Oct 17, 2013
As much as i like Anubis, I believe the Dungeon Keeper Online had concept art of something similar. On the topic of DKO, is it even getting made? Announced in 2008, I know it will be shit but it doesn't take that long to make does it?
dungeon keeper online? i'll have to google that one.

EDIT: i think its called dungeon keeper world and i couldnt make head or tail of what its about.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2013
so is it a WoW ripoff? It looks horrendous. and what does it have to do with dungeon keeper? looks more like Wow.

Enjou

Ember Demon
WFTO Backer
Jan 10, 2012
so is it a WoW ripoff? It looks horrendous. and what does it have to do with dungeon keeper? looks more like Wow.
It's basically a Chinese WoW clone using the DK intellectual property. I think there's some dungeon building elements, but not like the DK or DK2.

Jan 7, 2012
Nice update and a happy new year!

These Units will hopefully kick some ass ingame, its nice to have something strong and special you can work for,
The Behemoth looks good and brutal but I ask me how hell fit in the 1 tile broad corridors...
The Archon and the eternals design look plain boring.
Sorry but I hope theyll will compensate that ingame with being fun to use as army crushers.

Top Bottom