• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WFTO Wednesday #53: A Bridge Too Far

Sep 20, 2013
Parts Unknown
Group system sounds great. It's reminds me of sacrifice the game where you could group units. It could be awsome if you could edit group behaviour. example: if you want a ranged group you could set their combat behaviour to standground-ranged.

Simburgur

Managing Director
Brightrock Games
Nov 10, 2011
Brighton, UK
www.twitter.com
Small note: If anyone has a better name for the No Man's Land spell then go ahead post your ideas, we aren't completely happy with it at the moment (it was previously known as 'Imp Repellant' but that was even worse!).

Castigator

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Germany
I am very enthusiastic about the "No Man's Land" spell. No longer will my Imps run into pointless deaths or try and troll me, when they all enter a combat zone to claim land. The only thing they accomplished was to get themselves killed and in DK1, that provided the enemy with lots and lots of corpses. I would suggest to call it the "Halt!" spell, as it means "Stop!" in both english and german and couses your Imps to supress their suicidal urges. Also, I would have this tune im mind, whenever the spell is cast:

theMarg0r

Witch Doctor
WFTO Backer
Dec 28, 2012
Under a killing Spoon
How about a Border Stone instead? I like border stones. Make it a nice tall obelisk with runes of forbidding glowing in the color of your choice so it doesn't get lost in the background, and bam, there you go. I think border stones would look really neat, especially if you place multiple ones at once. Mark your borders like it's a Settlers game, son :p

Nov 13, 2013
Nice, the no man's land spell is a much appreciated feature but I have a question about it; will it cost mana to maintain the ward?

I believe it was stated somewhere that the rally spell would no longer cost mana but I could be wrong about that.

Nov 13, 2013
Thanks for the news guys! I cannot sit in place waiting for updated Mac version! :)
Agreed so much :) I haven't played the beta in weeks because the old version just can't hold a candle to the 3.0 update. When this update comes out I will finally get back to repressing those obnoxious heroes :D

Enjou

Ember Demon
WFTO Backer
Jan 10, 2012
Good update. Here's a few alternatives...

Here Be Dragons spell
Danger Flag spell (you could further divide this into a Caution Flag spell, where the former applies to all units [useful for keeping scouts out of trouble] while the latter applies to just imps)
Off Limits spell

Badwolf699

Ember Demon
WFTO Founder
Dec 18, 2011
Unit Grouping?
Someone has been playing Impire.
Stone bridge for those roasting days in Lava Island.

Simburgur

Managing Director
Brightrock Games
Nov 10, 2011
Brighton, UK
www.twitter.com
Nice, the no man's land spell is a much appreciated feature but I have a question about it; will it cost mana to maintain the ward?

I believe it was stated somewhere that the rally spell would no longer cost mana but I could be wrong about that.
No mana cost and doesn't need to be unlocked (same with the unit grouping spells/flags).

Top Bottom