• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WFTO Wednesday #58: The Crackpot & The Cook

Mozared

Juggernaut
WFTO Founder
Feb 17, 2013
Those are some big ass caldrons though, So assuming you make a caldron full of potion, you either have some giant ass bottles lying around too, in which to put them in or you should have enough to be able to make more than one bottles worth from a single caldron? Logically I mean.. I get why not mechanically but from a logical point of view.
I don't think art has specifically worked out the looks of the effects and picked up potions in the hand yet (at least they hadn't when I left the team), but I'm assuming they are going to be pretty big, yeah. Keep in mind these things are dropped on a tile and splash all over a large AoE area.

Jobs2k

Skarg
WFTO Backer
Dec 29, 2012
Stevenage, England
www.minecraftforum.net
[...]units interact with them to brew a potion which is then left and stored in the Cauldron, rendering it useless until the potion is used (picked up) and thus the Cauldron emptied.
Does this mean a large amount of potion in the cauldron that is split between x number of Crackpots as hand-held vials or is it one small cauldron and one vial for a Crackpot?
It seems a little strange to brew a vat of a potion, for quite some time and gold, and then only have one possible use when you can't be 100% sure when and where the Crackpot will use it. It would also mean that Possession would be even more effective if you took the time to have a Crackpot in each group, sent them in at different locations to attack, then possessed them at the right strategic moments to throw the vial at just the right target.

Huntress
WFTO Founder
Apr 20, 2012
Worthing, West Sussex
Does this mean a large amount of potion in the cauldron that is split between x number of Crackpots as hand-held vials or is it one small cauldron and one vial for a Crackpot?
It seems a little strange to brew a vat of a potion, for quite some time and gold, and then only have one possible use when you can't be 100% sure when and where the Crackpot will use it. It would also mean that Possession would be even more effective if you took the time to have a Crackpot in each group, sent them in at different locations to attack, then possessed them at the right strategic moments to throw the vial at just the right target.
the potions are used by you, the player, not the crackpot.

Psycix

Dryad
WFTO Founder
Jan 9, 2013
They make them on the loo for all I care.
Things in games have infinite ammo, if they didn't, it would introduce a mechanic that could distract from the main gameplay.

Evi

Witch Doctor
WFTO Backer
Nov 14, 2011
A few thoughts coursing through my head...

A Crackpot drinking a flask of his and turning into a imp.
Crackpot drinking another flask and turns into a piglet.
Crackpot snorting a strange potion and turns into gold.

And finally... A Crackpot reading a book (How to Not Get Transformed by Potions: For Dummies), with the 'Hey' Cultist watching right next to him. "Hey. Whatcha reading?"

Underlord Vulukai

Witch Doctor
WFTO Backer
Mar 11, 2013
The Void
www.youtube.com
this is gonna be the inside of my Alchemy lab at all times. Also, gonna suggest why not just pick up the Cauldron itself and dump it onto enemies/ground/whatever? Would eleminate the need for extra art assets etc to design potions and other stuff for animations. could just have the cauldron kind of start to bubble over and emit particle effects of some kind when they are ready to be used, also explains why the cauldron itself is full and unusable (its still full of stuff)

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2014
Reminds me of the Mad Alchemist boss in the 'Wrath of the Lich King'... in this case, every so often you could make the cauldron overflow and the contents attack the nearest enemy for a limited time. But not slimes, that's been done to death. :p

Top Bottom