• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WFTO Wednesday #58: The Crackpot & The Cook

Ben Chandler

Impassibly Cool
WFTO Backer
Jan 23, 2013
I love that design!
agreed. its my favourite so far.
i also love that the tribal thing is becoming a theme... it makes me feel that some of these units come from the same societies i.e. the witch doctor and crackpot are actually just from some group of gnarlings. and the chunder too is starting to fit in more and more with these f***d up swamp people

mishko

Witch Doctor
WFTO Founder
Feb 27, 2012
Michigan
agreed. its my favourite so far.
i also love that the tribal thing is becoming a theme... it makes me feel that some of these units come from the same societies i.e. the witch doctor and crackpot are actually just from some group of gnarlings. and the chunder too is starting to fit in more and more with these f***d up swamp people
The witch doctor is some sort of other race. The hands and feet are a lot different

Dec 14, 2012
After many years of silence between the two races the Crackpots demanded to settle the playing field attempting to communicate with the other side but the Witch Doctor's simply turned to face them exclaiming. "Ooo. Eee. Oo' ah-ah. Ting, tang. Whallah-whalla bing bang."
At least, that's all the Crackpots heard and fortunately in their dialect it means. "Oh look! Pitiful delinquents! Baby alchemy craft. Mwhahaha haha haaaa."

Thus began the century old rivalry between the two races, such a long and deeply run rivalry that they are created with that same hatred hard-coded into their DNA. Magnificent.

Ben Chandler

Impassibly Cool
WFTO Backer
Jan 23, 2013
in my imagination the witch doctor's still just a gnarled up old - gnarling who didn't clip his toe-nails... unless james is gonna come and burst that bubble, that's what i'm staying with and there aint nothing no one can do about it

Enjou

Ember Demon
WFTO Backer
Jan 10, 2012
I actually prefer the idea they're two different races, but that's just me. :p
I think they are different races. The Witch Doctor has one less digit on his hands in the concept art than the Crackpot does. Of course, some other unrevealed unit may be the same race the Witch Doctor hails from. The Beastmaster perhaps?

Dec 14, 2012
in my imagination the witch doctor's still just a gnarled up old - gnarling who didn't clip his toe-nails... unless james is gonna come and burst that bubble, that's what i'm staying with and there aint nothing no one can do about it
That's a mean idea.

Nov 13, 2013
My personal theory (based on the scaly and white appearance of his clawed hands) is that the witch doctor is a sect of a species of jungle dwelling albino lizard people.

Dec 14, 2012
Whaleshrooms are part of the long con. Eventually you will understand the glory of the Whaleshroom empire.
Whalesroom, culture based on the ancient alchemy of the folktale which depicts herbalist practice of 'Nearnroot'.

Sammo Hoi

Oculus
WFTO Backer
Jan 6, 2013
Brighton
For some reason, not having a ceiling in possession mode is starting to bug me a lot lol.
Totally agree with this! Especially now that I have been reacquainting myself with DK1 and DK2 from that recent GOG giveaway. No ceilings in possession mode feels so, so wrong.

Sammo Hoi

Oculus
WFTO Backer
Jan 6, 2013
Brighton
This, so much. The lack of a ceiling really breaks the immersion of possession mode, IMO. I'm really looking forward to when the devs get it into the game, and I'm curious how it will look in all the different rooms. I'm especially curious what the beast den ceiling will look like :).
Completely agree with this. Immersion is key when it comes to possession mode. Plus the ceilings could look amazing being different for different rooms. Different heights too - e.g. low and rocky for unreinforced hallways, grand and high for the dungeon heart.

Top Bottom