• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WFTO Wednesday #73: The Portcullis

Tommonius

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 15, 2012
Wolverhampton
I like the Portcullis, quick question about it, we can make one multiple tiles deep, how deep can it be if at all and how wide can it be in squares? Also will it be any tougher or take any longer to kill depending on its size?

Will breaking the Portcullis destroy the whole thing or one tile?

Last edited:

Skorp

Gargoyle
Feb 1, 2014
I need more details about the portcullis! How exactly does it work?, how big it is?, how it is destroyed?, etc

Nov 13, 2013
I need more details about the portcullis! How exactly does it work?, how big it is?, how it is destroyed?, etc
I'm not certain, but I think the portcullis is the "cross door" that has been mentioned by the devs before. It is functionally just like a regular door except that it can be placed on any claimed tile, and judging by the description, it is likely tougher then the wooden door as well. Very useful to people who want/need doors in corridors larger then one tile wide.

Also, I would like to compliment the devs on the portcullis appearance. It looks very cool and very evil. I approve :)

Evi

Shadow
WFTO Backer
Nov 14, 2011
Hey.

That's a very nice door you got there.
Seriously, that's a real neat door. Will we see more cool looking doors for our glorious dungeons?

mishko

Matriarch
WFTO Founder
Feb 27, 2012
Michigan
Is it a door that you can connect as a long single door or is it a door that is a cross that lowers so that creatures can go over it from any direction?

Jan 3, 2013
Could you clarify a little about the hidden candy? Is it for people who log-in the Twitch during stream only and how it will be handled after?

Haze

Priestess
Mar 31, 2013
Moscow, Russia
This kind of door makes me remember again about so-easy-so-break earth tiles. I mean, now as it is, imps dig too fast and easy, without any visible effort - thus for enemy it may be easier to dig through wall, avoiding any doors or traps.

Top Bottom