• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WFTO Wednesday #76: Preparing for War

Nutter

Frost Weaver
WFTO Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
Will the rooms simply be different shades or will the textures look different besides that in the final game?
Well there are already some changes (The walls have a skull insignia/design for underlord's version and an empire style helmet for the empire prison) but hopefully there will also be a bit more different besides, We were just discussing this in the foundry about little things they could do to make the 2 prisons differ a little bit from each other, and I think a couple of the suggested things were little touches like removing the chains around the bars in the prison and changing the dirt floor to a polished stone one would help make them contrast from each other but obviously that's a really low priority thing IMO.

I really wanna see an empire campaign flex goal too! (even if it's just so someone has to figure out how the hell to do an empire version of the Sanctuary :D)

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2014
Parts Unknown
Is the Empire planned to be an available dungeon skin for multiplayer? Also, I remember it being said that hero portals will be available in multiplayer, will there be hero equivalents to the various dungeon minions (to operate the various rooms) so that we could have maps made for Empire vs Underlord or the like?

Simburgur

Managing Director
Brightrock Games
Nov 10, 2011
Brighton, UK
www.twitter.com
Oh, thanks for the reply :). So, what are the flex goals that were achieved then?
We're going to have a post about it soon. Some have been scrapped (due to infeasibility), some have just been put into the game anyway, some have been put on hold until a later date (eg: controller support is waiting for the Steam controller). This has left 3 to choose from (however, one of those will entail an extra round of voting if it wins).

Mar 5, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
Looking good! I didn't realise the Empire was going to have rooms at all. I was thinking that the Empire levels would just have Empire units wandering around empty rooms and corridors.

Does this mean the Empire will have something similar to the dungeon core? Or will the levels end when their leader is killed?

Another question: If the player captures an Empire room, will the texture change to the Underlord version or remain with the Empire texture?

Apr 2, 2014
Malaysia
We're going to have a post about it soon. Some have been scrapped (due to infeasibility), some have just been put into the game anyway, some have been put on hold until a later date (eg: controller support is waiting for the Steam controller). This has left 3 to choose from (however, one of those will entail an extra round of voting if it wins).
Controller support? So we will get War for the Overworld on consoles too? :p

Top Bottom