• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WFTO Wednesday #77: Another Good Night's Rest

Badwolf699

Ember Demon
WFTO Founder
Dec 18, 2011
How dare they enjoy watching "fuutbarl"
Get back to Work :p
All those different hats have got to be an 11th Doctor/Team Fortress 2 refference.

Tommonius

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 15, 2012
Wolverhampton
Love the unique touch for all the units. Liking the Augre throne in particular, shows that they are large and in charge, hoping to see more beds soon (will empire units get there own beds?)

Also it tickles me how Gnarlings are at the bottom of the food-chain and yet Crackpot Gnarlings get there own unique bedding and a little more respect, probably because stuff starts blowing up if they get messed with.

Witch doctor bed looks pretty sweet also, I am a little confused about the Succubus bed, looks like 3 little horns on the bed I am trying to figure out why they fashion the beds like that.

If the sewers of the Empire are above us, where does Under-Sewerage go?...
and who is the poor bastard who has to clean up whenever a Chunder's lair gets backed up?
goes in the water possibly to make empire citizens succumb to sickness quickly.

and to answer your second question. Gnarlings, always Gnarlings. They are below blood imps as far as I am concerned, my darling Blood imps are NOT handling Chunder crap then touching my pretty dark magic corrupted walls.

I may be an evil Underlord but I like my skulls of my victims decorating my dungeon to be kept in pristine condition I will have you know ;)

Mar 5, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
Nice. I like the similarities between the Augre and the Chunder beds. Like the Augre went to the lair and made himself a sweet throne so the Chunder went "That's cool" and made a smaller, less refined imitation with their own flair (the toilet looking hole and lever) to make their own 'iron throne'.

There was a discussion a while back where we were saying that the Augre and Chunder almost feel like this 'big brother-little brother' combination as they have a similar look (skin) and both work together in the Foundry.

...I am a little confused about the Succubus bed, looks like 3 little horns on the bed I am trying to figure out why they fashion the beds like that.
They could be the head horns from some workers she skinned to make that bed... poor little guys.

Mozared

Juggernaut
WFTO Founder
Feb 17, 2013
The Succubus bed is... I don't even know what the thought behind that was. It could have been an iron maiden, or a meaty demonic fungus of goodness (evilness), and instead we get a completely random torture wheel with skin on it for them to stand on. Great?

I like everything else though. Most of them could have been better, but most of them could at the same time also have been a lot worse. The Cultist and Augre turned out great.

Am I the only one who feels like they are all a bit small, though? Most of them barely cover 1/4th of a tile.

Skorp

Gargoyle
Feb 1, 2014
The Succubus bed is... I don't even know what the thought behind that was. It could have been an iron maiden, or a meaty demonic fungus of goodness (evilness), and instead we get a completely random torture wheel with skin on it for them to stand on. Great?

I like everything else though. Most of them could have been better, but most of them could at the same time also have been a lot worse. The Cultist and Augre turned out great.

Am I the only one who feels like they are all a bit small, though? Most of them barely cover 1/4th of a tile.
Its a bed made from his victims, an iron maiden wouldn't work because she isn’t a masochist but a sadist, so the bed works pretty well to show his personality

Mozared

Juggernaut
WFTO Founder
Feb 17, 2013
Its a bed made from his victims, an iron maiden wouldn't work because she isn’t a masochist but a sadist
Says who? This was never particularly my vision for her and I haven't seen any information to specifically deny that. Heck, I know for a fact that an iron maiden was suggested internally, even. There was never enough interest in that idea, which is fine, but I think the current result is just... boring as heck. Though knowing the folks in the art department, I'm sure that at least some of them would be inclined to agree with me.

Nutter

Frost Weaver
WFTO Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
Says who? This was never particularly my vision for her and I haven't seen any information to specifically deny that. Heck, I know for a fact that an iron maiden was suggested internally, even. There was never enough interest in that idea, which is fine, but I think the current result is just... boring as heck. Though knowing the folks in the art department, I'm sure that at least some of them would be inclined to agree with me.
I'm reserving judgement til I see her sleep animation, but right now i'm not sure how she's going to sleep comfortably and avoid jabbing herself on the horns.

Mozared

Juggernaut
WFTO Founder
Feb 17, 2013
I can't imagine her lying down on that, so I'm assuming she simply stands and sleeps. Unless some mad VFX happen though, I'm afraid there's very little animation Pat could do to make it... not boring - at least in my eyes.

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
I can't imagine her lying down on that, so I'm assuming she simply stands and sleeps. Unless some mad VFX happen though, I'm afraid there's very little animation Pat could do to make it... not boring - at least in my eyes.
well sleeping tends to be boring :p

but yeah most of the beds seem to be designed to have them sleeping standup or sitting but ill let it surprise me not the most important mechanic there is ... :p

also i love the chunders toilet chair

Oct 17, 2013
If the Succubus is a sadist and a masochist I'd imagine that she would love the feeling of spikes digging into her back while she slept. Thats what she calls a good nights rest...

Tommonius

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 15, 2012
Wolverhampton
If the Succubus is a sadist and a masochist I'd imagine that she would love the feeling of spikes digging into her back while she slept. Thats what she calls a good nights rest...
well we could of gone full sadist and masochist and had an iron maiden for her. I really like the designs but I do feel the Succubus is the weak one out of an otherwise greatly designed beds.

Nutter

Frost Weaver
WFTO Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
well we could of gone full sadist and masochist and had an iron maiden for her. I really like the designs but I do feel the Succubus is the weak one out of an otherwise greatly designed beds.
What would you like instead then? Always easier for the devs to make changes/tweaks if they know what the community is after, rather than having to guess and potentially making it worse.

Top Bottom