• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WFTO Wednesday #78: The Vampire

Tommonius

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 15, 2012
Wolverhampton
YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

This is delicious! Oh how I have waited for the Vampire and commented asking when we get to see it!

edit note: Now I am even more hyped, what is the redacted unit that can auto execute a Vampire? Another Vampire and a Huntress can do it so each side has a unit that can get rid of this mighty unit so which side gets the second unit?

Perhaps the Under lords as the first player to get a Vampire could utterly stomp the other player without a counter?

Slight nitpick here but if the Vampire is immortal is it not better to allow him to automatically go to his lair instead of laying on the floor waiting for his enemies to catch him when he could commit suicide to escape them?

It could be countered so players cannot simply throw the Vampire back into the fray by having the Vampire be forced to sleep for a while uninterrupted before it can do anything.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2013
Realy love the design except 1 thing. Those bat wings on his belt.

The feed mechanic is gonna be awesome, he's gonna be so different than your other minions.

Enjou

Ember Demon
WFTO Backer
Jan 10, 2012
Now, with this rebel mechanic for not feeding after a while, will our minions fight back or do they just have to take it? Honestly I'm quite fine with allowing my bloodsucking minions feed upon my lesser, living minions.

Also, I suggest a mechanic by which you can feed prisoners to your vampires.

Tommonius

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 15, 2012
Wolverhampton
A few questions for you all. Will there be a unit cap on Vampires? Also does the ritual cost more each time if not to stop spamming Vamps or is it a hefty amount of sacrifices to begin wtih?

Also will the Vampire prefer to snack on captured heroes or will it not be picky when hungry. Also will it have any units in the dungeon it will refuse to eat like say Chunders? I bet there fatty blood is high in cholesterol.

Loving the ritual aspect of summoning creatures, are we going to get a few minion recipes? like say drop in 3 Gnarlings into be sacrificed and receive a Crackpot?

Amon

Huntress
Apr 14, 2012
Somewhere
subterraneangames.com
Well, what would you do if a Vampire tried to feed on you? :p
Depends on the vampire. If it was one of those stupid-arse sparkly ones, I'd smack it in the head, laugh at its suffering, then tie it to a solar panel.
If it was an ACTUAL vampire... I don't know. I would probably be torn between trying to fight it off and trying to get it to turn me into one :D

Dec 29, 2012
Depends on the vampire. If it was one of those stupid-arse sparkly ones, I'd smack it in the head, laugh at its suffering, then tie it to a solar panel.
If it was an ACTUAL vampire... I don't know. I would probably be torn between trying to fight it off and trying to get it to turn me into one :D
You really want to live by all those shitty rules? Immortality is cool, but I'd be tired of life before the first lifetime.

As far as the design goes, I LOVE IT! My only issue is the color. It needs more black and red. Generic, I know, but it's better than muddy brown. Still, great design, and an original concept. I like how they have the personalities of Rice vamps, but because of decay, they have become Nosferatus.

Mar 5, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
So just to clarify the feed mechanic. If you run out of prisoners and it starts devouring your own minions, does that still grant it health and happiness or do you need to somehow capture another enemy unit to calm it down?

Looking and sounding great so far :D

P.S. The night is mine!

Simburgur

Managing Director
Brightrock Games
Nov 10, 2011
Brighton, UK
www.twitter.com
Question time...
Slight nitpick here but if the Vampire is immortal is it not better to allow him to automatically go to his lair instead of laying on the floor waiting for his enemies to catch him when he could commit suicide to escape them?
Because then there would be no way to kill him. Although he is meant to be incredibly strong, there still needs to be a way to take him out :)
A few questions for you all. Will there be a unit cap on Vampires? Also does the ritual cost more each time if not to stop spamming Vamps or is it a hefty amount of sacrifices to begin wtih?

Also will the Vampire prefer to snack on captured heroes or will it not be picky when hungry. Also will it have any units in the dungeon it will refuse to eat like say Chunders? I bet there fatty blood is high in cholesterol.

Loving the ritual aspect of summoning creatures, are we going to get a few minion recipes? like say drop in 3 Gnarlings into be sacrificed and receive a Crackpot?
There's no explicit cap on Vampires but you do need to sacrifice 3 of your own minions to summon one. The mechanical reason for this is to free up space in your population pool (which the Vampire then occupies). On top of that, you need to keep them fed, which will get quite difficult when you have several.

They won't be picky when hungry.

No plans for any other recipes right now.
Do vampires need to feed on only intelligent creatures or can they feed on beasts as well?
Intelligent only. In a future update Beasts are being changed to no longer have a KO state (when they reach 0hp, they die), meaning they can't be fed upon.
I wondered when it will be revealed, according to this old secret document every seems to be revealed ATM except Werewolf, Head Vampire, The Maiden, others seems to have their replacement now, so what about these I pointed out, will be? :p
Where on earth did you find this? :p
So just to clarify the feed mechanic. If you run out of prisoners and it starts devouring your own minions, does that still grant it health and happiness or do you need to somehow capture another enemy unit to calm it down?
It will attack your own units and then feed upon them once they are unconscious and gain the associated benefits, just as if it were an imprisoned unit.

Top Bottom