• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WFTO Wednesday #80: The Bombard

Simburgur

Managing Director
Brightrock Games
Nov 10, 2011
Brighton, UK
www.twitter.com
Neat, looks very Augre-y. Can they be repaired, and if so, can you offset the self-damage in overdrive by just having a worker sit on the Bombard, so to speak?
Defences regenerate health slowly over time, although the Bombard won't regen whilst in Overdrive mode. You can, however, use the Construction spell to repair it.

Jan 3, 2013
I'm afraid some of the new changes gonna break the game balance completely.

New potion gonna make pushing extremely risky.

Nov 13, 2013
What new potion? This is a defense.. and it's no more risky than it was before with the Ballista, all this has done is replace it with a cool looking cannon.
He's talking about the potion mentioned in the new preveiw patch notes. it's a greed center vein potion that teleports minions(friendly and enemy) in the area the potion is dropped straight to your core. Personally I like the idea of the potion since it provides interesting choices to the dropping player(is this force small enough that i can take it? or will I end up killing/severely hurting my own core?)

Jan 3, 2013
He's talking about the potion mention in the new preveiw patch notes. it's a greed center vein potion that teleports minions(friendly and enemy) in the area the potion is dropped straight to your core. Personally i like the idea of the potion since it provides interesting choices to the dropping player(is this force small enough that i can take it? or will I end up killing/severely hurting my own core?)
You can pretty much get your enemy served very hard by keeping your army near core or simply using the potion twice. Just drop it on enemy pack and slaughter them on your territory, by no means they will be able to destroy your core.

Tommonius

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 15, 2012
Wolverhampton
That's not a cannon, that's a sniper rifle.. and I want it!
don't we all : D

I am sure the Augres could be convinced to make cooler stuff if we pay them more, I mean Augres are awesome, they are tough and dead killy and can make so many cool things. Best unit EVER!

Seems i wont lower the Augres wages. How do I reward them? Cookies?
We can always pick up gold and drop it on them. I think that will be in game at any rate, extra coolness if they do a good old dungeon keeper happy dance when it happens.

Jun 6, 2014
Defences regenerate health slowly over time, although the Bombard won't regen whilst in Overdrive mode. You can, however, use the Construction spell to repair it.
You can DO THAT!?
Good to know.
====
So it this replacing the ballista or is it a late game supplement?

Now, where did I put my canister shot. . .

Evi

Shadow
WFTO Backer
Nov 14, 2011
That is one sexy looking Sentry Trap, many kudos!

But that brings something back to me long ago, didn't some of the devs hate the Sentry Trap due to how 'advanced' it looked and how it wouldn't be in WftO?

Oh well, it's back now and it looks even better than ever.

Varis

Gargoyle
Nov 8, 2013
Finland
Shiny! Are those three pictures of the cannon it's shooting phases or just different versions of the concept? I'm just asking because the first one looks mighty fine but the second and the third one look very much like some sort of a sci-fi energy weapon with the openings and bright lights.

Simburgur

Managing Director
Brightrock Games
Nov 10, 2011
Brighton, UK
www.twitter.com
So it this replacing the ballista or is it a late game supplement?
Yes, however he Empire will still be using the Ballista.
Shiny! Are those three pictures of the cannon it's shooting phases or just different versions of the concept? I'm just asking because the first one looks mighty fine but the second and the third one look very much like some sort of a sci-fi energy weapon with the openings and bright lights.
That's Overdrive off/Overdrive turning on/Overdrive on.

Jul 24, 2013
Not to sound stupid but is there anywhere(a thread or whatever) where you can see all the ''released'' units rooms and so on?

Top Bottom