• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WFTO Wednesday #89: Purple Haze

Skorp

Gargoyle
Feb 1, 2014
... I waited a whole week for this? :mad:

Ok, in all seriousness, I’m pretty sure that’s the arcane fortress dungeon heart core with the archon posing. Or a necromancer in diet who stole the juggernauts hammer :D

Nov 13, 2013
Wow, that is quite the uneventful Wednesday :).

Ok, in all seriousness, I’m pretty sure that’s the arcane fortress dungeon heart core with the archon posing. Or a necromancer in diet who stole the juggernauts hammer :D
I'm gonna agree with Skorp's guess here, with the addition that it could be a new unit instead of the archon. (I hope so at least. I'm not sure I like the idea of the archon running around with a giant hammer)

Randy19

Firebreather
Apr 16, 2014
Germany
I call that unit is the imp. I have seen that the Imps get a new look in themes too. I call it is the imp. That hammer could very well be a pickaxe too.

Skorp

Gargoyle
Feb 1, 2014
I call that unit is the imp. I have seen that the Imps get a new look in themes too. I call it is the imp. That hammer could very well be a pickaxe too.
If that's the case then he is the most pimped imp in the entire game
EDIT: Also a very humanoid one

Randy19

Firebreather
Apr 16, 2014
Germany
If that's the case then he is the most pimped imp in the entire game
EDIT: Also a very humanoid one
AFAIK Arcane means having to do with magic and wizardry. Wizards aren't exactely known for beeing body builders but doing their thing with magic. So their body shape wouldn't have anything to do with it really. And which evil Dungeon Master wouldn't want his private army of enslaved wizards mining gold for him? :p

Skorp

Gargoyle
Feb 1, 2014
AFAIK Arcane means having to do with magic and wizardry. Wizards aren't exactely known for beeing body builders but doing their thing with magic. So their body shape wouldn't have anything to do with it really. And which evil Dungeon Master wouldn't want his private army of enslaved wizards mining gold for him? :p
I actually have a screenshot of the unblurry version and if he really is a basic worker then this is the most op theme of WFTO :D

Nov 13, 2013
I actually have a screenshot of the unblurry version and if he really is a basic worker then this is the most op theme of WFTO :D
I have a nonblurry version as well(because someone put a link to it in the comments :p) and that character is definatly not am imp. He is way to big and pimped out. My guess is either new archon, completely new unit, or some sort of boss unit(ala Lord O' the Land). I really hope that it isn't the new archon, because I really liked the magical, super mage/god type archon and This guy looks more like a bruiser/tanky warrior. Please say our great mage archon hasn't been replaced, O devs :(

Skorp

Gargoyle
Feb 1, 2014
I have a nonblurry version as well(because someone put a link to it in the comments :p) and that character is definatly not am imp. He is way to big and pimped out. My guess is either new archon, completely new unit, or some sort of boss unit(ala Lord O' the Land). I really hope that it isn't the new archon, because I really liked the magical, super mage/god type archon and This guy looks more like a bruiser/tanky warrior. Please say our great mage archon hasn't been replaced, O devs :(
I think this guy deserves a speculation thread for himself, I'll go and create one now

EDIT: Here it is https://forum.subterraneangames.com...mored-guy-speculation-thread.6673/#post-70995

Last edited:

Triscopic

Crackpot
WFTO Backer
Dec 11, 2012
United Kingdom (Great Britain)
Unblurred version link is still there in the comments...

I totally agree with Antking: there's no way that's an archon (massive sledgehammer? No way), unless the archon has been totally repurposed (which would be sad).

IMO he looks like a Goodly Hero. Boss or Lord, whatever, one thing I will say is it's an awesome model.

Randy19

Firebreather
Apr 16, 2014
Germany
yeah. Given from the unblurry version and all the white tiles there it's more likely that he is some boss unit of a campaign map actually XD

Sep 15, 2012
HK
www.taffot.com
Wow, that is quite the uneventful Wednesday :).
That's what happens when one doesn't post a GIF of mine ^^

muzzleflashes, impacts, boiling flesh, shattering ice, shadowy summons, flaming spiked maul, even toilet stench...

Just because cool stuffs wasn't directly depicted in the Wed Post doesn't me I . . errr. . . 'we' haven't been busy packing in a lot of wonderful features an eye-candy!

Noontide

Designer / Community Manager
Brightrock Games
Dec 8, 2012
Brighton, UK
AFAIK Arcane means having to do with magic and wizardry.
It has become fairly synonymous with wizardry and magic especially in fantasy settings. But the literal definition of arcane is "Understood by few, mysterious or secret", hence why it's regularly associated with wizardry and witchcraft. A little something to think about! :p

I am amused by the speculation in this thread. :)

Top Bottom