• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WFTO Wednesday #90: EGX London & Patch v0.5.1: "Dungeons for Two" Releasing Tomorrow

Nov 13, 2013
Is that how the final 2nd campaign level will be like?
Live stream said that it is basically level 2(more like level 1 since the first campaign mission is the tutorial) but with more tutorial and hand-holding elements then the final level. Personally I'm hoping that the final version of the level gives you more sins then the version shown in the live stream. A trend I've noticed in (blizzard) campaigns that annoys me is that the first quarter to half of the campaign is like an elongated tutorial that very slowly introduces new elements. I would prefer if WFTO avoided this trend, since it makes a large part of the campaign boring for those who can't deal with the higher difficulties.

mishko

Matriarch
WFTO Founder
Feb 27, 2012
Michigan
Live stream said that it is basically level 2(more like level 1 since the first campaign mission is the tutorial) but with more tutorial and hand-holding elements then the final level. Personally I'm hoping that the final version of the level gives you more sins then the version shown in the live stream. A trend I've noticed in (blizzard) campaigns that annoys me is that the first quarter to half of the campaign is like an elongated tutorial that very slowly introduces new elements. I would prefer if WFTO avoided this trend, since it makes a large part of the campaign boring for those who can't deal with the higher difficulties.
I felt like the level in the livestream could've had more stuff going on besides for them sending a small group of templars and then a boss. I have no problems with the difficulty level of it since it is only level 2. But It would be cool if you had to go through more obstacles and a overall bigger map with more stuff going on since there won't be very many levels in the base campaign.

Underlord Vulukai

Matriarch
WFTO Backer
Mar 11, 2013
The Void
www.youtube.com
The unfortunate and glaring point against what you're suggesting is the overwhelming amount of functions of rooms, creatures, traps, and spells in this game compared to the 'moblie market' games being churned out today. I personally feel an in depth tutorial should be in the game somehow, perhaps better suited in a kind of 'my little dungeon' level hand tailored to be a giant tutorial level about everything in the game.

Noontide

Designer / Community Manager
Brightrock Games
Dec 8, 2012
Brighton, UK
Builds are now uploaded. You should be receiving downloads now to the latest version of WFTO. This version will be available for a week and then we'll be removing Campaign 2 from the build. :)

I felt like the level in the livestream could've had more stuff going on besides for them sending a small group of templars and then a boss. I have no problems with the difficulty level of it since it is only level 2. But It would be cool if you had to go through more obstacles and a overall bigger map with more stuff going on since there won't be very many levels in the base campaign.
The majority of the campaign levels (beyond the 'learning how to play our game' phase) are much larger and have plenty of stuff going on / things for you to see, fight, destroy, &c &c.

Have faith! <3

Feb 9, 2014
Builds are now uploaded. You should be receiving downloads now to the latest version of WFTO. This version will be available for a week and then we'll be removing Campaign 2 from the build. :)
Could you also upload this build to the patchtesting branch? That makes it much easier for me :) As you now only have this 0.5.1 preview uploaded to the public branch and not to the normal preview branch (patchtesting.) Is it also good if I report bugs regarding this preview build?

Last edited:
id love to test it but i still have 0.5.0 patchtest version, how do i get the new update?
Right click on WFTO in your Steam Library --> click Properties

Click the "Betas" tab

Click the dropdown and select "none - opt out of all betas"

You should then receive a patch! If not you can Verify the Integrity of your game files or simply restart steam -- both tend to work wonders.

Cheers.

Top Bottom