• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What are you going to do when...

Simburgur

Managing Director
Brightrock Games
Nov 10, 2011
Brighton, UK
www.twitter.com
Get my ass kicked repeatedly on multiplayer.
You two won't need to wait for release for that ;)
Steam has a no refund policy.
Have you ever tried asking for a refund? Despite their website saying otherwise, in my personal experience they have been lenient with refunds in the past.
i want a game with insane playablility, graphics are low on my agenda.

although i do wonder, if there was a kickstarter (or similar) campaign, how much money would the WftO team have to raise to consider console ports? would a million pounds be enough?
I don't think it's something we would ever consider. Not only are there many, many more additional hoops to jump through, without vastly changing the game, it would simply not be something we would be happy to release on a console.

A WFTO-inspired game is another story entirely though, and could be something to look at in the future.
Rather than console ports I want to see a kickstarter form as

If we raise XX, you get the game with ...
If we raise XY, you get the game with 2 more campaigns and a bonus creatures
If we raise XZ, you get 3 more campaigns, bons creatures and traps and we can implement better graphics
If we raise ..., you get the game with ... and we can add and implement this and that (overworld map where you can coordinate your overworld attacks by sending creatures through portal and they return with something/do not return...
As Zuriki said, we are not on a strict time-frame nor on a budget, so we are going to make the game as good as possible regardless of the funding.

More funding, however, could result in merchandise and/or boxed copies being available, or allow us to have an actual marketing budget (ie, more money = more publicity = more players = game has a longer life), but that's something we will look at closer to the time.

Kyle

Dwarven Worker
Nov 9, 2011
Scotland
i want a game with insane playablility, graphics are low on my agenda.

although i do wonder, if there was a kickstarter (or similar) campaign, how much money would the WftO team have to raise to consider console ports? would a million pounds be enough?
I hope that's a joke, a million pounds would be a ridiculous amount of money, if we were to make a kick starter I'd probably be looking at 100,000 - 200,000 dollars. Mainly to pay for the UE3 license (We have more possibilities for the game this way) and perhaps to allow some of our team members to go full time, which some of them have been wanting to do but need some way to live out of it.

Either way we will be porting the game to Mac at least, I haven't decided on additional platforms yet (Linux, Mobile) but at some point I'll give you guys an update on that.

Kyle

Dwarven Worker
Nov 9, 2011
Scotland
Well, I didn't think a million was likely, I was just asking hypothetically, but it wasn't a joke,the fifty million comment was a joke though, I just seriously wanted to know what kind of money it takes to port a game to console.
Depends on how we distribute the game really, it would more than likely be by XBLA and such. It also wouldn't the original game, more like a spin off or such.

You two won't need to wait for release for that ;)

BRING IT ON!
Have you ever tried asking for a refund? Despite their website saying otherwise, in my personal experience they have been lenient with refunds in the past.
Yes. I got a refund in the end but they were pretty reluctant. A lot of people have trouble with them, they have a reputation for not refunding (they usually allow one free refund I've heard).

iggii

Bafu
WFTO Backer
Apr 15, 2012
Czech Republic
We're not even considering console ports, the genre doesn't port well to console in the first place, but also there are lots of issues with licensing and technical issues with the consoles' outdated hardware.

We probably won't do this, we're not working to a strict time-frame because we don't have a publisher; we'll take as long as we need to make the game and anything else after that we'll release as DLC/Patches.
OK, so maybe in the form of "more money = more DLC for user"

Inlaa

Priestess
Jan 11, 2012
Texas
I have devised a secondary plan in the event that I can't get enough womanizers and females for my dungeon:

Step 1: Collect four bards. Make sure they are all wearing different colored clothes.
Step 2: Play this video.

Step 3: ???
Step 4: PROFIT

Jan 22, 2012
I have devised a secondary plan in the event that I can't get enough womanizers and females for my dungeon:

Step 1: Collect four bards. Make sure they are all wearing different colored clothes.
Step 2: Play this video.

Step 3: ???
Step 4: PROFIT
0:21 - 0:23 Is my reaction (guy on the left XD )

NoOpen

Disciple
WFTO Backer
May 25, 2012
Australia
Install the game, Then pray my love for it has not died. I remember being so excited about stick RPG 2, 7 years later it comes out. SO DISSAPOINTED.

Eww Paid DLC I hope not, If money affected the outcome of multiplayer I would not buy the game.

Amon

Huntress
Apr 14, 2012
Somewhere
subterraneangames.com
the thing is though, that would just mean the more money they raise, the longer it will take to make, and on the flip side, the less money they make, the worse the game is, I would rather that reaching the preset target means making the game, and making more money means making the same game, faster, by being able to hire more staff.

that's fair enough, but it is a shame, I don't think the genre ports badly, (look at From Dust, a console excluside god-game!) certainly not as badly as something like Command & Conquer (which was ported and was reasonably successful on console)
But still, hypothetically, is there an amount of money that would make you guys consider a slightly stripped back console port? maybe even for next gen consoles since this gen like you say is outdated, and you are taking your time, by the time you finish the next gen might be out already!
From Dust wasn't console exclusive.

Top Bottom