• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What would Peter Molyneux do?

darkrage

Dwarven Worker
Jan 18, 2015
Hey i wanted to create this thread reflecting on how Peter Molyneux would change this game if he was in charge, as he was the developer of the classic Dungeon Keeper, i wonder what impact Peter would put on the game.

Feb 1, 2014
If a gnarling is particularly deadly all the other gnarlings would try to imitate his armor style, then this would never happen in the game because they all share a single model (not insulting molyneux, I think that he is a great guy but is really easy to make fun of him, kinda like gabe newell)

Huntress
Founder
Apr 20, 2012
Worthing, West Sussex
He's the George Lucas of games. A great imagination for unique ideas, ahead of his time in many ways, but one that got exhausted and carried away reliving old ideas surrounded by yes - men.

werik

Disciple
Feb 19, 2014
Sweden
Judging by his latest endeavors he would create a mobile click-fest riddled with game mechanics that encourage micro-transactions. Much like the DK Mobile game from EA.

Jan 3, 2013
He needs to buy back DK from EA and remaster or reboot the dormant franchise.
He won't be able to do that.

Godus required a Kickstarter foundation in order to reach the state it is right now, yet many label it as a mobile platform game - not the Populous reincarnation as many expected it to be. Besides, he stated that he will quit game industry if Godus doesn't pay off, so I do doubt he would be able to handle DK series, or at least convert them to a mobile platform in some way.

Nutter

Frost Weaver
Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
Peter isn't about creating new exiting games for the sake of the game anymore. He's trying to reinvent monetization of games..
Interview with him
That article really saddens me, it's like he's lost the love of just... making games.. he's so money and monetization obsessed now, what happened to i'll make a great game and i'll make my money from fans loving it and buying it...

Jan 3, 2013
That article really saddens me, it's like he's lost the love of just... making games.. he's so money and monetization obsessed now, what happened to i'll make a great game and i'll make my money from fans loving it and buying it...
Click-at-a-click era happened.

Mozared

Juggernaut
Founder
Feb 17, 2013
This may alter your view a bit. At this point it's hard to tell whether it's really clever marketing or whether the guy is the most passionate but unable-to-learn fellow in this business. Or whether he suffers from legitimate borderline or depression, or something. Possibly a combination of some or all of the above.

Huntress
Founder
Apr 20, 2012
Worthing, West Sussex
This may alter your view a bit. At this point it's hard to tell whether it's really clever marketing or whether the guy is the most passionate but unable-to-learn fellow in this business. Or whether he suffers from legitimate borderline or depression, or something. Possibly a combination of some or all of the above.
He is dyslexic I know that for sure, I suspect he might have ADD or Aspergers or something, and possibly depression along with it. He is definitely not Neurotypical.

Top Bottom