• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

When is the next patch coming out?

Jan 29, 2016
Aug 18, 2015

So I guess the devs listened to us when we suggested adding upgradable rooms, I can't wait to try them out. :p
As I saw this picture I thought, my screenshot got leaked somehow, just good to see it was Noontide who leaked it x'D

And for the question if the props are working, no they don't and it was way more broken then just those props :'D

Electrolight

Bafu
WFTO Backer
Jan 6, 2013
Announcement soon, but generally expect the next patch in April time.
I really wish you guys were more specific with the time frame you guys think it will be ready. Can we expect it April 1st? April 15th? April 30th? Specifying an estimated beginning, middle or late of the month release window would be appreciated.

I really wish you guys were more specific with the time frame you guys think it will be ready. Can we expect it April 1st? April 15th? April 30th? Specifying an estimated beginning, middle or late of the month release window would be appreciated.
Would it be appreciated? Perhaps, but consider this: how would you feel if the time frame they specify isn't reached? And perhaps the dev team doesn't yet have a more specific release date.

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
im sorry electrolight, not only limit release dates our option to polish the new content and bugs it may also lead to the community being unhappy if we miss it (again).

i will have to ask you to be a little more patient.

im sorry electrolight, not only limit release dates our option to polish the new content and bugs it may also lead to the community being unhappy if we miss it (again).

Just deliver the best product you can. We'll simply have to deal with the wait. Thanks for providing us with an estimate though.

Electrolight

Bafu
WFTO Backer
Jan 6, 2013

I am not meaning to seem impatient, I was just saying that as a fan, it would be nice to know more specifically when we can expect the new content. I understand delays happen which is common in game development and yes I would also be disappointed but that is again common in the games industry. I am sure as gamers you have had a game you were looking forward to get delayed, we all have. Anyways, I would always appreciate a more specific release window but that doesn't mean you should rush it out to make us happy. Just finish and polish it and release it when it is done.

True. Unfortunately, the human body can't survive being frozen normally, so it'd be utterly worthless. Cryogenic suspension is an option, but then you'd first need to be legally dead (your heart stops beating) and deposit about 200,000 USD. Plus, you'd be asleep for at least thirty years, probably longer, at which point WftO might not even exist anymore.

Last edited:

Noontide

Designer / Community Manager
Brightrock Games
Dec 8, 2012
Brighton, UK
I am not meaning to seem impatient, I was just saying that as a fan, it would be nice to know more specifically when we can expect the new content. I understand delays happen which is common in game development and yes I would also be disappointed but that is again common in the games industry. I am sure as gamers you have had a game you were looking forward to get delayed, we all have. Anyways, I would always appreciate a more specific release window but that doesn't mean you should rush it out to make us happy. Just finish and polish it and release it when it is done.
We try to avoid being specific where possible, all too often do we miss release targets and unfortunately there is a section of the community that does not understand how easy it is for releases to slip when you're adding new features, bug hunting and generally trying to ensure the new quality is of an appropriate content.

The content coming in the 1.4 and Heart of Gold is some of the most extensive yet, I don't think we've ever seen as many new features implemented in a single patch. The QA guys are really putting in all the stops and I can only thank them for their dedication, especially when new features are going in practically every day.

We don't like having to announce delays so we choose to be conservative with estimates now, allow ourselves as much time as we need and generally don't giving even rough dates until we're confident. April is something we're confident about, not certain but confident. I think I've updated someone at least three times this month on an actual target date. If I was doing that in the community then it'd quickly destroy confidence :)

Anyway the end fact is though Late April is the likeliest, it'll simply be done when it's done.

Top Bottom