1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where are these texts used?

Discussion in 'Translation Questions' started by policeofficer110, Dec 19, 2016.

1. policeofficer110

policeofficer110 Bloodling

Hello. I am going to translate the following texts.
    • narrator_tutorial_line_XX
    • otheland_story_XX
    • levels_tutorial_obj_XX_title
    • campaign_worldmap_reminder_returnhome_XX
    • cynical_imp_level_line_XX

However, I have never seen these texts in the game, so I can not confirm my translation.:(
    Please let me know how to display these texts in the game.

Thank you and best regards.

2. Tim White

Tim White Writer Dev Team

Hi policeofficer110,

I've done some checking and these keys are not currently used by the game (they were part of an older tutorial level):
    • narrator_tutorial_line_XX
    • otheland_story_XX
    • levels_tutorial_obj_XX_title
    We may remove them from a future template, should we decide they will never be returning. Or we could at least filter them out from the community version of the GameText file.

cynical_imp_level_line_XX
    Bonus content found! :) These are planned for a future release. They will occasionally be spoken by Mendechaus (the mentor) during any level, when the player is using a particular Worker skin.

campaign_worldmap_reminder_returnhome_XX
    I'm not 100 percent certain if these lines are used by the game at the moment. If they are, they would play when viewing the campaign map, as a reminder for the player to return to their Home Realm now and then. The Notes say that "this only should play after 2nd completion of campaign", so potentially once the campaign has been completed, and you are then viewing the campaign map. However, I tried to test this and they didn't play. I also don't ever recalling seeing them during playtesting. I'll double check with the team (@Simburgur @Noontide) and get back to you.

Thanks,
    Tim

3. policeofficer110

policeofficer110 Bloodling

Hello, Tim.

I appreciate the detailed information you gave me.
    These information will help me to translate.

I am looking forward to the bonus content of Cynical imp :)

Thank you.